Sign in to follow this  
cessna

James to the rescue

I can't seem to find the topics about ECU's being the same for FFV and non except for the flex being blocked out on some vehicles and also that the fuel pumps and other components are the same between flex and non in most cases. I'm trying to defend ethanol over at ericpetersautos.com on the conspiracy of E15 topic. It's like talking to a brick wall and hard on my blood pressure. Can you go over and set them straight?

Yeah, you're right---I did find the 2011 Malibu info with both flex and non having the same pump, injectors etc. Will have to lay off the internet before my flight physical or my blood pressure will flunk me.

Funny, there was an article about the API "study" saying that 15% was bad posted on a Dodge forum I go on.  I started my response with "Bullshat" and continued from there, so far I haven't received a reply.

Bjoe, I did the same on Focaljet, a Ford Focus forum that I hang out on (I race with them on Forza 4 occasionally). But it was the article from AAA saying how bad E15 was. The thread died with only two posts in it.