Sign in to follow this  
gasisoutrageous

Spreads are trying to turn around...

Price Spreads are terrible in St Cloud MN .. we've had decent price spreads all winter until about 3 weeks ago.  4% spread at the worst Station.

I can drive about 4 miles though to the New Blender pump in Sauk Rapids Mn and get a 14% spread..so that's what I do .. I'll do a price run and just fill up there

Price Spreads are terrible in St Cloud MN .. we've had decent price spreads all winter until about 3 weeks ago.  4% spread at the worst Station.

That still isn't as bad as what we had here in MI. Some stations had spreads in the negative double digits. That's why I say that the spreads have recovered. That said, gas is hiking yet again today here in Michigan, this time to $3.899. Ethanol has fallen on CBOT, to $2.394 as of 2:00 pm ET (with E85 running at about $3.16 here), so I'm optimistic at this point.

Wow, absolutely uncalled for, Meijer. Meijer brought their E85 price up to $3.399. They just couldn't allow a yellow price spread. I sometimes wonder if they have different numbers than I do, but I don't think so here. Ethanol fell today, and as mentioned below, the price to retailers, after blending (accounting for 85% ethanol at wholesale and 15% gasoline at wholesale) and taxes, the price to retailers is just under $3.16. Unless I'm traveling, I may never buy E85 at Meijer.

Not sure what they're doing around here, been a couple weeks since I've been by any of the local E-85 stations......I'm not liking how things are sounding though, especially since gas has gone up to $3.91 at a couple stations here :(

prices have been going up here in Omaha...  e85 was at 2.94 just a few weeks ago...  now at 3.05

Seems when gas goes up 15 cents, e85 goes up 5... probably just enough to cover the 30% gas content in the fuel.  Pretty proportional.  This though does help the spread... now up to 16-17% in the area.  At least that is covering the cost/mile efficiency drop w/e85.  I have still kept my 100% e85 in all vehicles pledge, even with 6-8% spreads.

Gas jumped another dime overnight here in Des Moines.  Someone posted a price here from Grimes showing E-85 went up a nickel - Price spread of 17-18% covers the the loss in MP/G.    It will be interesting to see what happens once they cut over to summer blend and gas keeps going up going into summer.

Just passed 1/2 tank in the Jeep, probably should do that then.  Going to start going back to Ethanol in the 200 so I can try and use that tax credit thing Illinois does.