Sign in to follow this  
gasisoutrageous

Spreads are trying to turn around...

I don't see spreads improving, just gas prices getting a LOT higher.

That's what has been happening around here, I got it cheap last night for the Jeep and "only" paid $3.69 at the BP down the road from work.

I don't see spreads improving, just gas prices getting a LOT higher.

Now that is the case, yes. E85 had a delayed reaction to increases in wholesale costs of both ethanol and gasoline, so for that time, the price spreads went through the roof. The two J&H Marathons in East Lansing only went up to $3.19, but the Shell in Lansing and the Mobil in East Lansing went up to $3.29. But I remain optimistic here, as March and June appear to be the usual months for good spreads.

We've a 13 penny spread between E0($3.529) and E10($3.399) which usually doesn't happen---usually just 10 pennies no matter what. I'm wondering if the Iowa Renewable Fuel people went over to Casey's headquarters at Ankeny.

I'm surprised we don't have that kind of spread between gasoline and E15. One would have an extremely hard time finding E0 anywhere in the state.

Depends on where you go for the spread around here.  Road Ranger in Belvidere, Cherry Valley, and Rockford all rose their e85 about 20 cents to 3.29 to 3.39.  Gas there is 3.69.  Shell at Baxter Rd. in Rockford is $2.79 for E85 (hell yeah!) and 3.59 for gas.  I know where I've been filling up my 2 cars for e85, and it's not Road Ranger.....

Why is it that E-85 is so much cheaper out your way?  I swear North Aurora stations seem to be $.30 to $.50 a gallon more than Rockford.  Between that and where I have to drive to get the stuff, I've begun to wonder if Kane and Dupage makes it harder to  and/or more expensive to sell it or if the population at large is "too conservitive" and/or "urban"  to make selling it worth while for most stations closer to West Chicago.

Same reason there is a 30 cent spread in E85 just 4 miles apart out here in the country. Greed.

...and for the same reason that stations (selling E85, gasoline, or both) near the freeway are typically higher. They charge it because they can get it.

But as for a regional standpoint, I'd love to know why prices are higher here. Even though ethanol retailers here in Michigan are for the most part barely squeaking out a profit, I have to wonder why all of our ethanol prices (E15, 30, 40, 50 AND 85) are always above the national averages, respectively.

Gas just jumped another $.10 a Gal here yesterday...  we're up to $3.49 for E-10.  Haven't had a change to check the Kum and Go's E85 prices here yet..  Sounds like a lot of this is Refinery's shutting down to switch to Summer Blend, Opec cutting production do to increased US production etc.. etc.

It's going to be a good spring to have an E-85 vehicle I think.

We're knockin' on $4.00 a gallon again  >:(

The Jewell/Osco I worked at has a Shell station that was pushing $3.85 or $3.89 for regular last night, yet the BP by work I bought from last was $3.65 last night...............Even though it doesn't need much, I may have top off the Jeep if it's still that cheap tonight!