Sign in to follow this  
gasisoutrageous

Spreads are trying to turn around...

Here in Wisconsin- E10 gasoline delivered cost into stations in now in the $3.40-3.44 range- that would mean E10 by law should be near 3.70 after a few days (but the law is not followed). CBOT ethanol vs Nymex gas is -60 cents so it would be nice if we could find some E70 somewhere in the 2.99 (which I saw at 2 Cenex stations last week) to $3.20 range.

FWIW- I see that the Eastern MN, N IL, and WI terminals have a spread from E0 87 octane to E10 87 octane of as little as 7-8 cents at two cities and the rest are 13-15 cents. With the first 6 cents of the spread coming from the ethanol to gas spread- the rest comes from the savings they get from using suboctane gas (2-4 cents ?) and the rest from not wanting to buy RIN#s.

Prices at some stations around me have jumped to $3.85 already for regular!  Not sure on Ethanol though, unfortunetly might have to run the 200 over to the dealer before long......

Here is another issue, the local stations automatically raise the price of E85 the same amount when they raise the price of E10 regardless of whether they received another shippment of E85.  This is what I have experienced in my location.

Here is another issue, the local stations automatically raise the price of E85 the same amount when they raise the price of E10 regardless of whether they received another shippment of E85.  This is what I have experienced in my location.

That's the disclaimer I have to include when I bring up how steady E85 prices are around here. That's here in Lansing. Steady E85 pricing is not the case everywhere. I know that Speedway likes to maintain certain price spreads, so gasoline and E85 move at their stations. In the grand scheme of things though, E85 pricing is far more stable than that of gasoline.

We've a 13 penny spread between E0($3.529) and E10($3.399) which usually doesn't happen---usually just 10 pennies no matter what. I'm wondering if the Iowa Renewable Fuel people went over to Casey's headquarters at Ankeny.

The spread for E85 is something down here. Coming home from Sioux City a different way than I went, I knew I needed E85 so I stopped at Marcus and put E85($3.299) in at their new blender. When I went by the blender at Cleghorn that is 4 and 1/2 miles closer to home E85 was $2.999. Crazy---talk about a spread.