Sign in to follow this  
TD

It's supposed to get real cold next week....

We've had a bit of a warm up, it's back into the teens and starting to snow a wee bit!

Same here, actually. The lake effect machine has kicked on, and it's coming pretty far inland. Areas between Grand Rapids and Lansing, though, have seen very little snow this season.

We had minus 11 on Tuesday, our 12 year young Intrepid with only around 225,000 miles fired right up (straight E85). Died after about 2 seconds, turned the key again, took about 3 seconds, but then it ran just fine.

Oh, and priming before does not make a difference at all. So I save this task.

Greetings!

I might consider putting a small amount of E15 or E30 in the tank to be thinking along those lines, James. For now though, the temperatures are expected to moderate into the 50s this weekend  ( >:( ) and it might be a while before we see subzero temps again.

That's incredible mileage, by the way. I've been topping off to keep the tank full (and prevent water from getting in the lines and freezing), and the other night I found 12.88 mpg. Much lower than the 16-24 that the Sebring normally gets. It might have been the cold weather, the fact that I had been using the remote start as if it was my job, or the automatic stop in the fuel nozzles.

Been using E-10 around here for years without a problem in my Jeep (probably all it's known) and even the higher percentages I've run of late in it haven't been a problem, it fired up quick last night and we were in the low double digits last night.

If you're using ethanol blends, you won't have any water freezing in the lines. I've heard of people around here using Heet even when using E10---they just don't understand.

It wouldn't surprise me if they made Heet for ethanol. I had to check and not yet is there such a additive. But I did find this on the Stabil site. Interesting document on Ethanol way at the end; http://www.goldeagle.com/UserFiles/file/STA-BIL%20files/White_Paper_Ethanol_%20Blended_Gasline.pdf and if you want the "411 on Ethanol";http://www.goldeagle.com/engine_care/411onethanol.aspx