Sign in to follow this  
TD

It's supposed to get real cold next week....

Temps approaching -30°F in the Red River Valley. ;D

I'm considering throwing in a gallon of gas, but think I'll wait and see how Tuesday afternoon goes.

Here's the true meaning of cold in North Dakota:

60 above zero: Floridians turn on the heat.      People in  North Dakota plant gardens.

50 above zero:      Californians shiver uncontrollably.      People in  North Dakota sunbathe.

40 above zero:      Italian & English cars won't start.      People in  North Dakota drive with the windows down.

32 above zero:      Distilled water freezes.      The water in North Dakota gets thicker.

20 above zero:      Floridians don coats, thermal underwear, gloves, wool hats.      People in  North Dakota throw on a flannel shirt.

15 above zero:      New York landlords finally turn up the heat.    People in North Dakota have the last cookout before it gets cold.

Zero:                        People in Miami all die.  People in North Dakota close the windows.

10 below zero:      Californians fly away to Mexico    People in North Dakota get out their winter coats.

25 below zero:      Hollywood disintegrates.    The Girl Scouts in North Dakota are selling cookies door to door.

40 below zero:      Washington DC runs out of hot air.    People in North Dakota let the dogs sleep indoors.

100 below zero:    Santa Claus abandons the North Pole.  North Dakotan's get upset because they can't start the Mini-Van.

460 below zero:    ALL atomic motion stops (absolute zero on the Kelvin scale.) People in North Dakota start saying..."Cold 'nuff fer ya?"

500 below zero:    Hell freezes over.  North Dakota public schools will open 2 hours late.

Love the joke TD  ;D

To that note, you guys having any cold start issues up there TD or Dan?

Lake Michigan won't allow us to get that cold  >:(

13 below this morning.. HHR started up just fine on E85 (winter blend E70)

This is what my Jeep's overhead console was reading after 11pm tonight.........

20130121_231502.jpg

I'm back to a lower percentage in the Jeep, probably 15-20%, and didn't have any starting issues with it today, other than it being kinda slow to turn over when I went to leave work.  Since t's only got E-10 in it right now, the 200 should fire perfectly fine so long as having been parked for a week and then the freezing rain and now near zero cold could cause an issue.

-17° in ND. I won't know until after work tho since I'm garaged right now.

Had MLK holiday off and went to fill in Monticello on my way home and the spread was 5 cents so topped it off with 5 gallons of E10. That puts me at about E50.

Normally I only use E10 when I'm going to be in the stealership, with the result being about E30, but I made an exception due to the weather and the spread... kind of a protest more than anything.

Actually, I take half of that back. While I did not have any significant starting problems, the car sounded a bit funny when I would apply pressure to the gas pedal while the engine was still at less than 2000 rpms. It also lurched a bit. I'll get a chance to drive the Sebring in subzero temps again hopefully on Thursday morning.

Didn't have any trouble with my 200, even though it's been sitting for a couple weeks, even topped it off with E-70 from that new Speedway while I was at it!