Sign in to follow this  
BJoe

E-85 Around Branson?

I'm going to going towards Branson  from Chicago in the next couple weeks.  Are there any places in the area that sell E-85?

Hey Joe there are 5-6 Stations in Springfield about 30 miles from Branson.. On your Way ..either Interstate 44 or Hwy 65 http://e85prices.com/e85map.php

My Folks were raised in the area been going to Branson since the 1960's ..

Some Ideas while your there..  Best Comedy is Todd Oliver  .. and the Dinner Cruises on the Branson Belle Show Boat.    Rent a Houseboat for the Day on the Lakes .

Old Downtown Branson  and "new" downtown..Branson Landing.  Branson Landing has a great Water Fountain Show..  Just a  good place to take  abreak..people watch

And stay away from the people offering Free Shows etc. they are all pushing timeshares..sure you can get the Free Shows but you have to submit yourself to being bombarded by very hard sell for 1,2,3 4 hours to buy a timeshare .

Thanks Dan!  Been going there with my folks and sister for the past few years and the last couple times we took two cars, which made things easier on us (shot gun in my Sister's Charger or at wheel of my Jeep or 200 is way more comfortable than the second row of a Town and Country!), but this is the first vehicle we've taken down there that'll drink E-85 and the first time I've driven there.  With some of what I had heard, I was starting to wonder that if I wanted to run any kind of alcohal that I might have to find a store that sells "white whiskey" or see if there is any old moonshiners left in the area!

Thanks Dan, we're stopped  near where the St.Louis Chrysler plant was for the night.  My 200 was just below 7000 miles when we left and is north of 7200 as of now.  The EVIC was giving me less than 10mpg when we left (put two last gallons in it near home to have it FULL when we left) and was showing 24.3mpg by the time we got here and had 1/4 of the 16.9 Gallon tank left........those last two MPG took hours to get though.  We were following our parents in the gas fueled Town and Country, which had been getting 25+mpg (also has around 50k on it) and it didn't want to do better.  Dad thinks the Pentastar in my 200 is starting to free up some more and should start loosening up more once we get into the mountains......especially since I'm probably going back to pump gas for the next tank.  We did run across a BP selling E-85 for $3.65 and 87 for $3.79 ???

Also passed this on I-55 South

[*]

[*]

20121007_084808.jpg

Anyone have a picture of me 15 years ago in my S10 pickup going 80 mph on I94 with the AC on and pulling a very-heavy 12 ft. Uhaul trailer with a waterbed on top (full of water)? ;D

I'd be interested in the one which shows the look on my face when the transmission overheated and I thought I blew an engine.

I'm just hoping that this mess stayed uprighr (rubber side down wouldn't have worked for that one....).  Had that thing rolled, it would have popped open  like a plastic Easter Egg......can you imagine the mess :-[

Well, it's quickly approaching time to make the trip back to Branson here in the next couple weeks!  I forgot to mention last time that  we usually stay overnight in Fenton (which was by the old Chrysler plant) and fill up in Eureka before continuing on to Branson then stop back at the same station on the trip home.  Not sure if there are any E85 stations near there though.  I have been thinking of this as a fueling strategy though;

Top off at the North Aurora Speedway with E85 as shortly as possible before leaving, then uuse Jeep for any driving needed between filling up and leaving.

If there aren't any E85 stations near where we stay in Fenton, top off with Premium in Eureka at the Shell station we normally stop at.

Hopefully have a successful stop in Springfield this time and fill up with E85 there while visiting the HobbyTown there, if not, top off with premium.

Stop again in Eureka to top off with premium on the drive home.

Top off again in North Aurora at the first chance I get after getting back in town.