Sign in to follow this  
Billyk24

Almost 17% spread in Rhinelander, Eagle River E85 is gone

The Shell station in Rhinelander is selling E85 for $3.29 while E10 goes for $3.95.

The Shell station in Eagle River no longer sells E85 as it made a conversion to "off road diesel" that does not pay any road taxes!

I'm currently visiting my mother who lives in the Eagle River area.

Yeah Billy the e-85 market in WI has gone kind of haywire. I am paying 3.39 vs. E10 at 3.89.

There is just one Renew station in existence, and it still is operating as Renew under the new owners whereas the rest are all converted to gasoline only. Why this one still stands I haven't figured out when the other 17 have gone away some time ago.

I now support the local Moto Mart station which I believe is probably the most dedicated to E-85 in my area of the state now. If you go through the Madison area, seek out Badger State ethanol stations :)

One year ago, I stopped 2x at the Renew station in Waupaca and both times they had at least 2 vehicles using the pumps.  The second time I pulled in, a  County Police vehicle pulled in behind me and utilized the pump.  Just over a week ago, I was traveling from the Dells area and stopped across the street  at Culvers for quick refreshment and never saw a vehicle pull into the old Renew station.  What a shame.

The Rhinelander price spreads still stands as I made my last fillup before returning to the Southwestern Pa area soon.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

One year ago, I stopped 2x at the Renew station in Waupaca and both times they had at least 2 vehicles using the pumps.  The second time I pulled in, a  County Police vehicle pulled in behind me and utilized the pump.  Just over a week ago, I was traveling from the Dells area and stopped across the street  at Culvers for quick refreshment and never saw a vehicle pull into the old Renew station.  What a shame.

The Rhinelander price spreads still stands as I made my last fillup before returning to the Southwestern Pa area soon.