Sign in to follow this  
dan45mcc

2014 Chrysler 100.... E85 ONLY !

I would be very surprised it it stayed that way. We all end up filling with e0/10 at some point in our lives.

OTOH, if it was FF but optimized for E85, that would be a nice start.  ;D

OTOH, if it was FF but optimized for E85, that would be a nice start.  ;D

I cant see how it could be simply not enough stations to support E85 optimized at this stage.. I'm assuming they are doing performance/emissions testings and for this test run they want to make sure "E85 Only" is added to the tank.. thats my take on it anyways

would be very cool though if it was being optimized for E85  :)

Well guys, according to the map on e-85 prices.com, it would work if they sold one that was e-85 (only or optimized) only in Mineesota, Iowa, or Nebraska... maybe illinios etc  ;)

note it says "E85 ONLY!!! 1"  the "1" stands out...

Could it be that they have several buttons/options for different fuel?  when useing 87 octane press 3, when using 92 octane/ or a mid level blend of ethanol press 2, when using e85 only press 1.

This would tell the computer what program/map to use for maximum optimization...

Would be very cool... though well above the IQ/thought process of the average soccer mom/average joe.

Would be very cool... though well above the IQ/thought process of the average soccer mom/average joe.

That's why the fuel composition sensor needs to make a comeback.  It would allow the computer to make the decision for the soccer mom.

Either that, or make it truly E85 only (and optimized), plaster it with warnings about never putting gasoline in it, and if someone screws up, it's not warranted.

I'd buy an E85 only optimized vehicle, even if it was from Chrysler.  I'm definitely not a fan of Chrysler / Dodge, but it would take some big ones to do an optimized E85 only vehicle.  That would go a long way, in my mind.