Sign in to follow this  
dan45mcc

Chrysler /Dodge has 12 different E85 FFV Models for 2012

We don't seem to talk a lot of Chrysler but really have to hand it to them they continue to keep adding FFV capability  ..granted most everythings is in the 3.6 L..

Flex Fuel engines across the product line:

Chrysler 200 with the 3.6L Flex Fuel V6

Chrysler 300 with the 3.6L Flex Fuel V6

Chrysler Town & Country with the 3.6L Flex Fuel V6

Dodge Avenger with the 3.6L Flex Fuel V6

Dodge Charger with the 3.6L Flex Fuel V6

Dodge Challenger with the 3.6L Flex Fuel V6

Dodge Durango with the 3.6L Flex Fuel V6

Dodge Grand Caravan with the 3.6L Flex Fuel V6

Dodge Journey with the 3.6L Flex Fuel V6

Jeep Grand Cherokee with the 3.6L Flex Fuel V6

Ram 1500 with the 4.7L Flex Fuel V8

Ram Cargo Van with the 3.6L Flex Fuel V6

They offer E85 FFV in almost every vehicle they make.. the only thing missing is getting that capability in their 1.4 and 2.0 l engines..

that is a pretty good list...  I notice that all but one of these are the 3.6L...

So really, they have 1 standard FFV engine.  Anyone with any experience with this?  I have the older 3.3L.

If anyone from Dodge is listening:

I think that 3.6L FFV engine in the Challenger is just begging for a turbo.  It would be really nice if it was an option.  ;D

Rusty as much I want to be practical and get something like a Prius electric and E85 ..I'd REALLY like to get the Challenger.. I prefer it over the Charger.  Basically the longer front end ...just brings back the 1970's feel. 

My Wife would probably slap a Mid Life Crisis Bumper Sticker on it .. I get a Challenger she gets a Bumper sticker.. yeah OK I could live with that  ;D

Sorry...    When I see that shape in the parking lot,

the only sound I can associate with it would be a V8 with

dual exhausts ..  Hope they have THAT as an option.

Doesn't mean they can't have variable displacement method,

& other modern technology , too...

Greengenes:  Yes, they already have that option.  It's the "Challenger SRT8 392."  As the name suggests, it has a 392 cubic inch, 470hp V8.  I'm sure that would make quite the noise.

For me though, I grew up around V6's.  I've built and modified them.  Personally, I've got nothing against them, or the sound they make.  I'm sure it could be made to sound pretty good with the right muffler.

As for the V8 rumble, the truck mentioned in my user name has an old Ford 390 (built by me, E85 fueled) that will make quite the racket if needed.  ;D

Also, I may get my wish:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysler_Pentastar_engine

"Twin and single turbocharged variants are planned for 2014. These engines are projected to produce around 420 and 370 horsepower respectively. Direct injection is also planned.[10]"

I hope they keep the FFV capability with the turbo versions.

So you might want to wait 'till 2014 there, Dan.

Commendable but typical Chrysler. Americans are switching to 4 bangers and Dodge is upgrading their v6s to improve sales. At least they aren't all different engines now. :D

Reminiscing about the good old 70's Dan? ;D That retro style isn't going to stay, a bunch of manufacturers are looking at modern styling for the next gen, including Chrysler.

Reminiscing about the good old 70's Dan? ;D That retro style isn't going to stay, a bunch of manufacturers are looking at modern styling for the next gen, including Chrysler.

Yeah I know ..just thought they did a really nice job on bringing back the Challenger ..(offering both packages ..the 6 &8). Looks great , runs on E85 , gets close to 30 Hwy mpg AND affordable

post-1-138947095062_thumb.jpg

I bought one of the 3.6l Pentastar powered 200 Touring sedans right before Easter and started running it on E-85 Memorial Weekend.  The car ran good on 87 so long as it was below 80, above that I started to notice some heat soak related power loss.  I thought about getting rid of that big plastic shroud over the top of the motor, but started putting E-85 to see how the car ran on it (plus it was nearly empty and didn't have much for gas money that pay period.)  I hadn't thought much about it until after the weekend was over, but it was pretty darn warm the Saturday I filled it, HOT Sunday and Monday (as in AC cranked hot) and in between on Tuesday when I finally noticed that the car wasn't exhibiting signs of heat soak and AC related power loss and put it together as to why!  Been running E-85 since then and plan on running it at least through at least September when it starts cooling back down for winter.

Here's the car when I brought it home for the first time.

20120407_170013.jpg

width=700 height=525http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v698/bjoehandley/My%20Rides/2012%20Chrysler%20200%20Touring/20120407_170033.jpg[/img]

width=700 height=525http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v698/bjoehandley/My%20Rides/2012%20Chrysler%20200%20Touring/20120407_170137.jpg[/img]

width=700 height=525http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v698/bjoehandley/My%20Rides/2012%20Chrysler%20200%20Touring/20120407_170427.jpg[/img]

width=700 height=525http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v698/bjoehandley/My%20Rides/2012%20Chrysler%20200%20Touring/20120407_170319.jpg[/img]

that is a pretty good list...  I notice that all but one of these are the 3.6L...

So really, they have 1 standard FFV engine.  Anyone with any experience with this?  I have the older 3.3L.

I've been running my 2011 Grand Cherokee for the past year now, almost always on E85.  I've noticed before I installed my k&n cold air intake, I got between 14-15mpg city driving, and around 18 on the highway.  Of course the highway mileage fluctuates depending on how you catch the wind.  The couple times I've used gas in it I get about 17 to 18 city and about 20-21 highway.  So for me its about 3 to 4mpg difference.  I have gained about 1mpg since I've added my k&n,a much meaner growl, and about 10 horsepower that you can really feel from about 2500rpm to 6000rpm.  I will say it was nice putting in the k&n as you have lots of room to work around the pentastar in the grand cherokee (much smaller space taken vs. the hemi).  So far I've been pleased with my pentastar.  I want to test drive the 2012 wrangler that has it now, so I can drive it with a manual gearbox (although I don't understand why chrysler has chosen not to make it flexfuel in the wrangler... >:()