Sign in to follow this  
dan45mcc

Buick Regal & Lacrosse Yellow Cap..NO FLEX FUEL BADGE

So the lot I checked out...  only Chevy's... (no Buicks)

EVERY SINGLE Malibu (was around 20 or so) was non-FFV... ugly old plain black gas cap.  Yes I did check them all... :'(

EVERY single Equinox (around 15 or so) was FFV, with a badge and the 4-5 I checked had the pretty attractive looking yellow gas cap.

Didn't bother checking the trucks or the Impalas, but most of those that I drove by had the badges.

Yeah Husker, me to... in my area I'm not seeing any FFV Malibus at all. The other stuff yeah but no Malibus. Seems like they are all going to certain areas but not others. Maybe they actually DO look for availability because E85 went from being widely available and priced right to hard to find.

Goodness knows they have plenty to sell on the lot!

I've seen a few very new looking Pontiac G6s with FFV badges... I know these are not 2012... but they are a very nice looking car... too bad they discontinued this model/line.

EVERY single Equinox (around 15 or so) was FFV, with a badge and the 4-5 I checked had the pretty attractive looking yellow gas cap.

Ok next time by the dealership I'll double check the Equinox here and see if they have Badges here in Minnesota..that would add another layer of intrigue if they were Badging the FFVs in some states but not others ..dont think thats the case but worth checking

Someone at GM Authority came up with this for us...

"They have gone to installing a decal on the drivers window, at least on new Sierra Denali that is where it is. Sorry, no pic to post. I assume they changed to save on cost.

I could only find reference to this vehicles

The Flex Fuel E85 badge commonly found on the rear of many flex fuel vehicles has been changed on the 2012 Equinox and Terrain. The liftgate Flex Fuel badge has been replaced with a Flex Fuel decal located on the fixed rear quarter glass.

The VIN breakpoints are:

Equinox

Ingersoll Assembly

(Identified by a 6 as the 11th digit of the VIN)

VIN 2GNALFEK4C6283899

Build Date: February 22, 2012

Oshawa Assembly

(Identified by a 1 as the 11th digit of the VIN)

VIN 2GNALPEK8C1262640

Build Date: March 5, 2012

Terrain

VIN 2GKFL8E57C6283565

Build Date: February 22, 2012

To ensure all vehicles get the E85 Flex Fuel identifier, during a 48 hour change-over period, a number of vehicles were produced with both the badge and the window decal. Vehicles built on or after the build dates are built with the E85 window decal.

If owners notice the E85 Flex Fuel badge is missing from the liftgate, point out the decal located on the fixed rear quarter glass. Do not order or install an E85 Flex Fuel badge on the liftgate.

If owners notice the E85 Flex Fuel badge is missing from the liftgate, point out the decal located on the fixed rear quarter glass. Do not order or install an E85 Flex Fuel badge on the liftgate.

I am fine with everything except that statement..  if the Customer wants the Flex Fuel Badge you're going to tell them NO ..really you would risk pissing off a buyer over  a $15 part !