Sign in to follow this  
dan45mcc

Buick Regal & Lacrosse Yellow Cap..NO FLEX FUEL BADGE

Remember Dan, right or wrong, not everyone thinks exactly like you do.  ;D

Yes I must remember common sense is  a gene that some people never received

So let me get this straight.  Anyone who doesn't agree with you, on everything, is obviously wrong, and lacks common sense?  ;)

Umm OK ...we can go with that  ;D  lol

Forgive me guys, I have to post this:

If I get around by the GM dealer I'll have a look.

;D

Well maybe that's all there is to it.. they all sat around the board room and said the same thing..  we give them a yellow cap why are we are spending hundreds of millions on badges

So the List of Flex Fuel Vehicles without a FFV badge so far includes..

Buick Regal

Buick Lacrosse

Buick Verano

Chevrolet Malibu

As well as No Hybrid Badge on the Buick Lacrosse eAssist

FFV with badges :

Silverado

Impala

Equinox

All the forums I'm on  except this one and Hotrod's hate ethanol---two airplane, Ford Focus and used to post on VW TDI. I think Buick doesn't want to rile these people up. I can't believe how stupid people are---they think if ethanol goes away they'll buy gas cheaper when oil is back to a monopoly. Also, on the Focus forum, a guy says the engine will get better mileage with 91 octane vs. 87 gasoline because it can utilize the octane but E85 is based on energy content only---octane doesn't figure in.

Cessna- you got to go to some real websites and stop messin with those gassers ;D . Many of the performance/race sites have at least a place for E85 tuners to hang out unmolested. Some are like Hotrod's that are purely for E85- no smelly gas people allowed.

LS1.com has a huge E85 following, people there are aware of how much power it makes and exactly what is needed on those engines to run it. The rest of the forums I visit, there are a few very vocal people who are against ethanol, the rest simply dont know much about it. I get a message once or twice a month asking me about it, how to modify carbs or who to talk to about getting one, and I have done a few carbs for people as well. It is still growing, but I am sick and tired of arguing with willfully ignorant types about it. Even when I prove it they just call me a liar and a shill for big ag.

It is funny how the VEETC is gone and ethanol is still cheap, sure it should be cheaper as E85, but things are leveling off out there. It has shut up a bunch of them that claim ethanol cant survive without the tax breaks, and now oil breaks are in the news... occasionally. They still want to complain about it and argue points that are obviously based on falsehoods and less than credible information.

About the badges, the cars are flex fuel even if they dont have the badge. So yeah you are missing out on some visibility, but the cars are out there on the lots. Its 1000% better than not having cars out there that can get great mileage on E85 with badges or not. Whatever the reason the badges arent there, the cars still run on the better fuel without any changes, and get great mileage doing it. To me, its a matter of time before people notice and follow the pocketbook.