Sign in to follow this  
dan45mcc

Buick Regal & Lacrosse Yellow Cap..NO FLEX FUEL BADGE

So I got thinking (dangerous I know) and ran up to the Buick dealership.. and sure enough all the Buick Regals and Buick Lacrosse's that were flex fuel had the yellow cap and did NOT have a Flex Fuel Badge

post-1-138947095029_thumb.jpg

post-1-138947095031_thumb.jpg

post-1-138947095033_thumb.jpg

Also there was an older Couple looking at the Lacrosse's..asked what I was doing (taking photo's) explained about the missing Flex Fuel Badges..the Guy said maybe it is because ethanol isn't looked upon favorably.. I suggested possibly but maybe just a way to save some money.

He then asked if I knew what the difference was in the Lacrosses they we're looking at why some had 36 MPG on the sticker and other 27..I suggested maybe some we're 4cyl and others 6..nope that wasnt it..  a younger that worked for the Dealership that was counting vehicles overheard us and said it was because some we're hybrids and others we not .... 

Guess what was missing .....  and drum roll.......

Yep there was no Hybrid Badge !!!

I asked the Older Guy if he thought the reason the badge was missing was because Hybrids are looked upon unfavorably  ;D

"I asked the Older Guy if he thought the reason the badge was missing was because Hybrids are looked upon unfavorably"

Could very well be.  Not everyone thinks the same way that you do, believe it or not.  Many view hybrids as simply added complexity and expense when the batteries die.  To them, saving that last drop of gasoline isn't worth the perceived loss of reliability.  If they're in love with gasoline, it becomes easy to not like them.

These people number a lot more than you might think.

Remember Dan, right or wrong, not everyone thinks exactly like you do.  ;D

I've never seen "hybrid" as having anything but a positive connotation....

Hell, I've seen hybrid full sized SUVs on the road... know people who owned them... swore it was "the way to go"... takes a big old tank of a truck, and ups the mileage from what 8 mpg to a whopping 12-13 mpg (guessing)... that would be a 50% increase!  Huge savings for the owners.

Why would they NOT be badging the hybrids and FFVs?

Leave it to GM to spend millions developing a new product, then not tell anyone to save $15 per car!

Keep this up, and they'll need "someone" to bail them out again...

Leave it to GM to spend millions developing a new product, then not tell anyone to save $15 per car!

Keep this up, and they'll need "someone" to bail them out again...

Actually I think the idea is to save where they can so "we" don't have to bail them out again  :)

As long as the Yellow Gap is on and it says E85 right on them.. guess I am fine with that..

Want to say it seems like cheap advertising to leave them on..but when you think about how many vehicles they put them on it is a fairly substantial sum.

I drive by a GM dealership on my way home... may have to make a quick drive down several rows to see what they are doing here in Nebraska...

Yep do that Husker.. just walk up and down the aisle opening fuel doors..feels kind of strange at first to see a row of Regals and no badges ..then to see all the yellow caps

Remember Dan, right or wrong, not everyone thinks exactly like you do.  ;D

Yes I must remember common sense is  a gene that some people never received

So let me get this straight.  Anyone who doesn't agree with you, on everything, is obviously wrong, and lacks common sense?  ;)

To them it makes perfect sense.  In their mind, if they're using the vehicle as a tool to get a job done, they don't want to be burdened with an added expense, or a down vehicle due to some "fancy gizmo" or "battery" or whatever dying before 10 zillion miles.

I'm not saying that it's right, but that's what a lot of people think.  I've heard it more than once from many different people, particularly old guys.  Obviously if I've heard it, someone at GM has heard it too.

Then that added to the $15 savings, probably results in no hybrid badge.

Of course, I could be wrong.  ;D

So the ones we've found to be missing badges are the Malibus, Regals, Lacrosses (all 3)...  are there specific trim labels I should be looking for? 

Like on the Ford Fusion, FFV is only available on the V6 model.