Sign in to follow this  
gamechanger2011

What 5 blends would you like to see offered on blender pumps?

Dont waste a position on E10 or E0 if other pumps exist in the facility--- E20, E50, E70, E85, and for the race crowd or chemical folks- E98 (race guys will dilute to their own requirments). Problem with E98 (or E95) is that many states will not allow it lest a customer fill with it and experience cold start issue.

While an infinite blender may be ideal and the two blend components could be the prices posted- I doubt any state weights and measures dept, consumer protection agency, etc would allow such vagueness in price. They always assume the customer to be of very low ability/awareness and as such have always had requirements for posting each final product.

Depends on the facility. If there are other pumps for E0/E10, then I'd say E15, E25, E50, E75, and E85.

E95 doesn't exist in the US, so just imagine I said E85.;D

definitely E10, E15, E30, E50, E85.

If there are five. those are the five you want for best sales purposes.  Yes. 90%+ of cars will run fine on E30.

I would have to agree with these.

When I was splashblending (before going to FFVs) my '99 Lumina would do around e45, but if I went to e50, depending on the temperature and humidity outside (never quite figured it all out) would run lean on e50+.

There is one blender pump in Geneva Nebraska that used to do e40, but several of their very loyal customers who were using it in their Prius Hybrids kept getting lean codes, so they dropped to e30, and it has been working fine...  At least they found that their sales for e30 were much greater then they were for e40... probably a good many others experiencing the same results.

I would like to see e15 fully approved, but only in conjunction with e10, not as a replacement for e10, and ONLY through blender pumps...

Get the ethanol lobby fully behind blender pumps.  If they want to get e15... they need to get behind mid and high blends also!

Don't care so much about the blends - it's the price.  If I had to do it (prices relative):

E0 - $10.00/gal...If people think they need 'pure' gasoline, let them pay for it. (Some are already paying this and more as they think they need special 'boutique' gasoline sold in fancy 1qt containers - http://www.seffuels.com/)

E10 - $9.90/gal...Give the standard 10 cents price break for 10% ethanol.  Use this new source of income to subsidize oil, not my taxes.

E30 - $6.00/gallon...probably the highest blend most 'non-FFV's' can get away with, but the price is high enough to make people seriously consider switching.

E85 - $3.00 gallon...about where it currently is now

E98 - $2.00 gallon...combine this price with an engine built for alcohol, you could easily get 20% more mpg and the same power.  So now instead of a 30mpg car and $4.00/gal gas (13 cents per mile), you have a 36mpg car and $2.00/gallon (5.5 cents per mile)

I would like to see:

E0, E15, E30, E50, E85

Since they seem hell-bent on pushing E15, make them replace e10 altogether.  I want to keep E0 for the simple fact that I have some older small engine stuff that I am pretty sure I don't want to put Ethanol in (Snow Blower/Lawn Mower and Weed Trimmer)...

Besides, make them give up some market-share on E10 to go to E15.  Serves them right IMHO.

i agree with winterminute on the fact of just get rid of e10 and have e15 in that spot

but then we go back to my original post of just need to build a pump that blends on the fly and for telling prices just have it as a digital price display for different mixes you want to offer and custom mix between can be a pay in advance inside and the cashier can dial in from a formula and have the standard prepaid method cut it off at so many gallons

as i said before the technology to build the pump to do it exists just need a place that is willing to build it that way and not the 1 per mix nozzle

new pump design has the ability to expand as blends become popular just add it to the pre programmed menu offering

i tend to think of how to maximize space limits and offer as many blends as possible - i think the new pump design i thought of would maximize offerings and limit space needed

I would like to see E0, E20, E50, E85, and E100 at the pump.  That, along with appropriate pricing, would make my day.  I've found E10 to be about the worst blend there is, so I see no reason to carry it.  E15 is just a tool for more mandated additive.  Just have E0, E20, and the higher blends.

Edit: When I say E100, I mean just that, not denatured E98.  There needs to be changes in the alcohol production and denaturing laws to allow this.  The E100 needs to be a pure product with nothing else added to it.

Edit: When I say E100, I mean just that, not denatured E98.  There needs to be changes in the alcohol production and denaturing laws to allow this.  The E100 needs to be a pure product with nothing else added to it.

Can't do that. That would make E100 subject to the "Sin tax" on Alcohol. It needs to be rendered undrinkable, even after diluting.

E98 is an acceptable number IMHO but it's a near-future sort of thing.