Sign in to follow this  
Steve-O

2013 model year brings changes

It really looks like 2013 MY from Detroit brings about a general shift where every model is getting a downsized engine, by like one level.

For example the Ford Fusion and Escape have had a 3.0L FFV option for the last several years, but it doesn't appear at least at this time that the 2013 Fusion or Escape will be FFVs. However the 2013 Taurus which is a bigger car might have an FFV option.

With GM not everything is clear either, as the 2013 Impala (the old warhorse of FFVs) seems to have evolved into a Malibu powertrain with no FFV designation either.

I mean like...after all these years of midblending .. I am about to buy a real E-85 burner as soon as possibe :)

At the same time, there are now FFV Focuses from ford and the Equinox from Chevy which is good news.  I hope we still have some choices and as these new models are produced the FFV choices continue. It would be assenine to turn back now just as the choices for E-85 have gotten better.

Yeah, still considering this for my 2006 as opposed to trading 'er in. The Hyundai forums arent exactly full of knowledgeable ethanol tuners LOL. And I am by no means incompetent but also don't usually do more on my cars than headligts and wipers ( I admit it)

Maybe I will try that option out.

Hey Johnny, any feedback from Hyundai 2.0L engine owners of that era? Prolly not your biggest seller....

The story I heard was that the CEO of GM who promised 50% FFVs was sacked with the old GM. Now they only offer 10% of their cars as FFVs.

Since Ethanol is just generally unpopular Ford and Chevy haven't been tooting the E85 horn at all. The Focus was rumored to be a FFV and then it was, without much fanfare or advertising on their part to this feature. I searched and found it mentioned exactly once in an official press release. GM advertised the greater fuel mileage on E85 than older FFVs, so what happened between then and now? It became unpopular.