Sign in to follow this  
gamechanger2011

A Conspiracy in Restraint of Trade

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/291950/conspiracy-restraint-trade-robert-zubrin

This article certainly makes one think why the automakers are fighting E15 so hard. I ran across this last month. The Kansas Corn Growers Commission had it on their Facebook page.

"This is a very curious situation. One may well ask, why should an automaker choose to disable a useful feature that it has built into its cars? It seems to make no sense for any company to take measures to degrade its own product. Furthermore, given the fact that the auto industry has a fundamental interest in low fuel prices — consumers have only so much they can spend on transportation, and it either goes for cars or for gas — why should it choose to cripple a capability that otherwise could serve to erode prices at the pump? It seems like a very bizarre policy — until you look at who owns and controls the auto companies."

Congress wont act, too many of them are also 'owned' by the same interests. We simply cannot rely on our government to do the right thing, to act in our best interest. We have to do it ourselves.

Allch Chcar, you need to look at the published  and public information about who owns large and/or controlling interests in the auto companies. They all have conncetions to the oil industry.

btw, I have never seen biofuels (E85 or biodiesel) in any Indiana fuel station by BP or Shell

I have. One of the E85 stations in Paducah is a BP. The E85 station in Mayfield is a BP. The station in Murray was a BP, before it closed that is. The only E85 station in Clarksville, TN is a Shell.

My point is that they are rare in other states and totally absent in Indiana! These are fossil fuel companies! BP. Mobil, Citco, Shell, etc

They don't want  no stinkin' biofuels in their stations...

Yet.. the 4 closest to my home are a BP, a Shell, a Mobil and a Marathon.

Stations are generally owned by small owners or smaller corporations.  They sign vendor franchise contracts with the large branded companies to provide fuels.  Some of those contracts are fairly restrictive and some are not.

The company that owns the Shell branded station near me that sells E-85 has been regularly showing some of the best spreads in Illinois in the last few months, included one of the few 'gold stars' at one station that has competition priced appropriately.  The Shell, BP and Mobil also sell bio-diesel blends.

Whowey, this is something Congress did right. A franchise or branded  station can't stop an owner from choosing to carry e85. Albiet they don't make it an easy choice. So kudos to these large big oil station owners for having guts to offer e85.

That's really great that you guys over in Ill have more choices that we do here in Ind. I'd almost bet that the stations that are company owned rather than individual or independent are causing the problem here. Additionally there is just a dogmatic dislike to anything bio in Indiana. We only hasve E85 at stations like Meijers and Gas America and McClure. We have BP's all over the place and not a single one carries E85.

btw, we've got an ethanol plant only 2 miles north of us in Cloverdale. Not a single E85 station in Cloverdale!