Sign in to follow this  
gamechanger2011

S.D. retailers respond positively to blender pump grant program

“We are off to a great start,” said Hunter Roberts, energy policy director at the GOED. “Funds have been allocated to 21 retail stations to install 44 ethanol blender pumps across the state, and four of those projects have been completed.”

http://ethanolproducer.com/articles/8662/s-d-retailers-respond-positively-to-blender-pump-grant-program

Both North and South Dakota have very good incentives for blender pumps.  Plus, I think South Dakota was where blenders were first really rolled out, so they have a head start.

Outlaw may know more on those early days. :'(

Qoute Husker:

"Outlaw may know more on those early days. alt=:'(http://e85vehicles.com/e85/Smileys/emotions/cry.gif[/img]"

Fat lot of good that does Husker- while the ones I put in were before the Dakota ones, mine are mostly pumping petro now due to the nature of the oil industry.

Quote Furball:

"when I was in SD over 40 yrs ago they had pumps you got a discount on if you bought there tokens.    Now if I only had that 1963  Chevy SS  I think there are some under the seat."

Wasn't that when pumps still had little half globes with a ball spun by yellow fuel so you knew you were not getting taken advantage of on your $1.50 fill up? ;D  And you had a big WARNING-CONTAINS TETRA-ETHYL LEAD sign on the pump. Ahhhh- the days when you knew what you were getting and the poison did not cost as much!  :D You might also get a free Dino the Dinosaur Sinclair glass when you filled up (besides your windows washed, tires checked, oil checked, your girl oogled, and change made all while you were sitting in the car. Good thing too that they filled the car for you- kind of made it so you really did not mind buying a car with a filler cap behind a flip down license plate.

Sorry Furball- you just kind of left yourself open on that one ;D ;D ;D