Sign in to follow this  
jeepn30

Got my e85 rebate check today

It finally came today.  I mailed my application on January 6th and finally got my rebate check back from Illinoisgreenfleets.org Illinois alternative rebates program check.  680 extra dollars in my pocket (340 each for each of my rides).  Nice to have a little extra green in my pocket.  I was wondering if I was ever going to get it, but sometimes I forget I live in Illinois, where government moves at a turtle's pace....

would you mind breaking out the specifics of it a bit?  How many gallons did you use last year, the amount of miles driven??  Did you use any lesser blends??  Did you run E85 all year or only during the summer??

How bad was the documenting process for the grant??

This grant has been in the back of my mind, but I am a bit put off by the amount of record keeping and paperwork it sounds like it would be.

Interesting. You got one on your conversion from me.  If you did... Awesome

Yeah, I got credit for my Grand Caravan.  They ask for the vin# in the application.  I didn't know if they would contact me or question it, but it worked fine as I had to provide the e85 receipts.  I will say that turnaround time from the beginning of the year was slow, so it was like Christmas when I received my check a couple months later as I had about forgotten about it.

This year's check finally came.  I sent off the form January 2nd.  Of course this year they sent me the application back because idiot me forgot to change the license plate number when copying fields, as I send it in for both my Grand Cherokee and Grand Caravan.    They sent that back to me the end of February.  Sent it back out in a few days.  Although the state government does move at snail's pace, I am 680 dollars richer again. 5 more months left of collecting e85 receipts, as this will be the last year I can claim the credit for both my cars. I am planning to reinvest it in an e85 related project.....

I'm definately doing that this year!  So far, I've only put gasoline in it once since January, and that was when I needed a little fuel but couldn't make it on any of the E85 stations...

and then it was only $25 worth of premium ;D

I'm having some issues finding any forms for this and it's not listed in Turbo tax 2013.  Any links that I do find are coming up 404 Not Found too.

I was able to get to this link this morning:

http://www.illinoisgreenfleets.org/Assets/green-fleets/rebates/e85-rebate-app-oct-2012.pdf

I sent mine in January 2nd.  I usually send it certified mail so I know they got the request.  This is the last year I was able to apply for my Grand Caravan and Grand Cherokee, as they let you do 3 consecutive years.

Edited by jeepn30