Sign in to follow this  
HuskerFlex

Saw my first Buick Regal!

Saw my first Buick Regal the other day at the pump, and it was getting e85!

I was ready to give him "the lecture" but to my suprise he was putting the proper fuel in it.  I stated "nice Regal, how do you like it so far?"  He commented on how they LOVE the car.  I asked him "so how is it doing in e85?  is it as good as they say it is?"  He chuckeled and stated "well, this is the first tank, I've never tried it before, we just bought it 2 weeks ago, and this is our first fill up since then"

To my supprise he was reffered to by the dealer to use e85, as "you'll love the extra power you get, and with this engine, you will not loose as much mileage as others will tell you!"  FOR ONCE a dealer that knows what they are talking about, and is accuratly spreading the word.

One side comment on this car....  NO FFV badge on the rear... didn't notice the yellow gas cap, but he'd already closed the trap door for this when we started talking. 

I pointed out to him that this station (Super Saver on 144th street) has the cheapest e85 price in town (26% spread) and advised him to be "light on the foot, because with the added octane of e85, you will have a lot of fun with the added HP and torque" ;D

To my supprise he was reffered to by the dealer to use e85, as "you'll love the extra power you get.........

...........and advised him to be "light on the foot, because with the added octane of e85, you will have a lot of fun with the added HP and torque" ;D

I just cant help to refer to the Fast and the Furious movies when they hit the nitrous button or in the Mad Max movies they lip the switch for the blower, the car THROWS them back in the seat and the RPM's jump instantly. I hope the dealer doesn't portray the Hollywood scenario when he talks about the added HP and torque.