Sign in to follow this  
HuskerFlex

Nationwide e85 distribution franchise ideas...

what sort of licensing and legal issues would a start up distributor that contracted out the transportation side need to go through to set  up shop?

Any ideas?  Would there be any issues trucking across a state line?

Well one of my dreams is to open up a station in the heart of Chicago in which I wouldn't rape my customers, get a good Ethanol channel, have blender pumps along with biodiesel, natural gas, and charging stations under the Jonny Energy name.  Attached would be a garage in which my neighbors can get my E85 Flex Fuel kit installed.  Image a Rochelle priced E85 in the city.  Just need a deep pocket to join me  :)

http://www.bizbuysell.com/illinois/cook-county-businesses-for-sale/?q=/wEFHWlyPTEmaz1nYXMgc3RhdGlvbiZuPWgmc3BpZD00

Just for you Jonny...

http://www.bizbuysell.com/Business-Opportunity/Gas-Station-Convenience-Store-Auto-Repair/577891/?d=%2fwEFXSUyZmlsbGlub2lzJTJmY29vay1jb3VudHktYnVzaW5lc3Nlcy1mb3Itc2FsZSUyZiUzZnElM2QlMmZ3RUZGMnM5WjJGeklITjBZWFJwYjI0bWJqMW9KbkowY3oweA%3d%3d

why is it that NO ONE (well, more accurately "hardly anyone") will respond to inquirers about a quote for either trucking service (sent out 7 requests, only one reply) and ethanol suppliers (sent out 5 requests no response...), I thought the purpose of business was to attract new customers and expand your business?

I am working on a business proposal that would bring them more business, and I've fallen in their lap, and am requesting a quote to see if I want to do business with them.  They can't be bothered to even reply back...

Grrrr.  I've done emails, phone calls... same response.  At least with the phone call, you get the to your face "sure, we can put something together for you, and I'll have it to you by the morning"... but come the next day... ... ...  nothing but the sound of crickets chirping...

Do you have to show up un-announced at their front door, and corner them to get a quote, or even a vague conversation about possibilities of what services they could provide?

Grrr >:(

That surprises me a little on the trucking side- not at all on the ethanol plant side. Just like looking for a job- you need a insider to open the door!

Back up now and approach Ron Lamberty (ACE) or someone similar if you know no one who works directly in a plant. BTW- Ron owns at least 2 C-stores himself.

Thank you for the suggestion, I already sent a request for information out to him.  I would think that this would be right up their alley.  Simply connecting interested people to increase the market in the industry.

Don't know why I didn't think of this.  Would Growth Energy also be a potential resource for leads?

Thank you for the suggestion, I already sent a request for information out to him.  I would think that this would be right up their alley.  Simply connecting interested people to increase the market in the industry.

Don't know why I didn't think of this.  Would Growth Energy also be a potential resource for leads?

Yes - but since Ron is in your own state and possibly has his own supply for his two- I would sure be persistent with contacting him. Perhaps you can work together.

That surprises me a little on the trucking side-

Doesn't surprise me in the least.  90% plus of the local trucks that have the needed permits are already committed to hauling fuel for other contracts.  These companies don't add capacity to their fleet without having work lined up ahead of time.  There is ALOT of expense to add even one tractor/trailer combo if you don't have work for it.

That surprises me a little on the trucking side-

Doesn't surprise me in the least.  90% plus of the local trucks that have the needed permits are already committed to hauling fuel for other contracts.  These companies don't add capacity to their fleet without having work lined up ahead of time.  There is ALOT of expense to add even one tractor/trailer combo if you don't have work for it.

Here the tanker trucking business is still in excess supply- the 2009 slowdown in the economy and the cash for clunkers program cut fuel sales by approx 15-20%. I was approached by several firms wanting my business.

... since Ron is in your own state and possibly has his own supply for his two- I would sure be persistent with contacting him. Perhaps you can work together.

I thought he was from the Sioux Falls area of that state to my north ;)

I have contacted him (via email) and attempted the same with growth.  This is a great lead, because he may know of some people to talk to, and have some suggestions on how to phrase my queries of companies...  much less some suggestions.

Thank you again for your assistance outlaw!