Sign in to follow this  
dan45mcc

RFA telling Retailers to Replace E85 with E15

Remember this

Ed Hubbard with the RFA

"Also, it is believed that sales of E85 could dramatically drop when the 45-cent-per-gallon Volumetric Ethanol Excise Tax Credit expires at the end of this year. One possible outcome from that situation could be that retailers replace E85 with E15 in those dispensers, he said. “If it’s able to distribute E85 or higher blends, certainly it could do E15.”

now look what we find this morning

"Ethanol supporters say E15 would probably be offered at a handful of locations at first, and that for consumers it could be about 12 cents per gallon cheaper than conventional gasoline and 7 to 10 cents cheaper than gasoline blended with 10% ethanol.

Some retailers may choose to replace an 85% "flex fuel" ethanol blend with a 15% version.

That's because only 10 million vehicles can use the "flex fuel," while 150 million can run on 15% ethanol, according to the American Coalition for Ethanol, based in Sioux Falls, S.D.

http://www.jsonline.com/business/e15-ethanol-blend-clears-another-hurdle-2t4glqq-142157163.html

This Industry could care less about offering a Choice at the pump ..it's all about Volume..  The Industry has Never complained to Oil or Congress about the terrible price spread all year ..because they don't want E85 to have  a good price Spread ..they want to gain access to already installed Ethanol Pumps as as easy way to get E15 installed without having to invest in setting up blenders..

Why Invest in setting up blenders when you just go up to a Retailer and say..hey you haven't been selling much E85 why don't we just put E15 in that pump for you

I'm Boycotting any Station that Replaces E15 with E85

Here is their strategy to accomplish this...all Spring Summer they will push corn prices higher and higher ...that $1.00 spread between Ethanol and Gasoline on the Commodities Market will narrow and narrow .. making E85 less and less able to Compete..they then talk the retailers into switching form E85 to E15

I'd think if THEY had gotten behind blenders 10 years ago... pushed for their UL approval, and then lobbied for maximum support to spread them across the country... we'd have aroue 10k blender pump stations, and Detroit would have upped their FFV numbers

Ethanol needs to divorce itself of the oil industry to become an alt fuel....... >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Dan, I threw your question to Growth and RFA on Twitter. Lets see what their response is. I see your Buttons were definitely pushed this morning.

This goes back to Sept last year when Ed Hubbard from the RFA first started planting that Idea (replacing E85 with E15)..  then I see ACE talking the same thing in today's article so you KNOW they are all talking amoungst themselves (ACE, Growth, RFA other Corn Lobbys) ..strategizing on how to quickly get higher volume E15 to Market..

a LOT easier to start simply replacing E85 with E15 than it woulds be to have blenders installed to deliver E15.. you can just hear the slick talking Salesman "sympathizing" with the retailer about his low volume E85 sales (because lobby ran corn prices so high) and the Salesman says ..lets change that around for you ..lets get rid of that E85 and Get E15 in for you ....

Yep ..my buttons were certainly pushed this Morning.. I'll be make a thousand calls Next week to Capital Hill

I don't have anything against E15.. just makes absolutely no sense whatsoever to bring it online UNTIL  cellulosic/NexT Gen is ready to contribute..  otherwise all it is going to do is run up the cost of corn ..  thus E85 as well as hurt the Far Poultry/Livestock Producers..it just makes EVERYONE hate the ethanol Industry ..other than the Corn Producers

I went ballistic for a slightly different reason yesterday. As I pushed my airplane out of the hangar, I saw a brand new, shiny, tandem fuel truck go by. It belongs to the little co op my grandpa started back in the 1930's. I've been harping since 2003 to install blender pumps at their "C" store but still no blenders. They are also erecting another new building for seed and chemicals. I can't believe the stupidity in their thinking. Ethanol is the reason they are able to buy these new things and absolutely no attempt to support ethanol beyond E10.

My initial question on Twitter...

Can @GrowthEnergy & @EthanolRFA please respond to @E85Pricescom questions about the wanting of stations to replace E85 pumps to E15 pumps.

Growth Energy's response...

@jonnyenergy @ethanolrfa @e85pricescom We're committed to working w retailers to help them meet demand for #e15

My next question...

@GrowthEnergy @ethanolrfa @e85pricescom ...what demand. Why not push 4 true alternative #e85. Why take pumps away from e85 4 a small blend.

Awaiting Response...

I hope E15 doesn't show up unless it is on a blender pump with E5-E15-E30-E50-E85.  That would make too much sense for the politicians and those that attempt to influence those politicians.