Sign in to follow this  
ohiopower

2005 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD w/ 6.0 L

I'm going to be trading my truck in on a 3/4 ton, but all the 2005's are non-flex with the 6.0L engine.  I've seen some earlier posts, and I can probably splash it.  Mileage on these isn't great to start, but I need the towing capacity, and of course would like to use as much ethanol in the blend as I can.  Anyone have some real-world use with E30-50 with the 6.0L?

I'm going to be trading my truck in on a 3/4 ton, but all the 2005's are non-flex with the 6.0L engine.  I've seen some earlier posts, and I can probably splash it.  Mileage on these isn't great to start, but I need the towing capacity, and of course would like to use as much ethanol in the blend as I can.  Anyone have some real-world use with E30-50 with the 6.0L?

Have you priced the 2009's lately?  I've been updating the site and looks like 2009 was first year with the 6.2L http://e85vehicles.com/e85-chevrolet/chevy-silverado-e85-ffv.html

Yeah the 2009's are still a little more than I'm looking for right now.  I'm seeing many '09s though with 6.0L and no flex fuel badge, which should have been on every FF vehicle at that point (unlike 2005-06, when they had the tag in the fuel door only).  Also a couple searches seem to point towards the 6.2L in the 1500's and not in the 2500's, at least for 2009-10. 

Don't want to give up my '09 1500 with the 5.3L FF, but I need the better frame/towing capacity of the 2500 HD.  :)