Sign in to follow this  
Billyk

Just completed my order for a Johnny Energy E85 conversion kit

I have had mine for over a year without any problems - including cold weather starts.  I live in Detroit, so it gets mighty cold here (except this year) and no starting problems whatsoever.  It has been the best investment I have made, and it has paid for itself several times over.  I am convinced it is the best converter on the market - Thanks again Jonny - I haven't used fossil fuel in over a year now! 

An update:  I richen the adjusting dial from "5" to "5.2".  Long term fuel trim values have fallen as low as 10.6 and are not exceeding 18.8 at this setting.  Then again the warmer temperatures (65F today) can play a role in this change.  No changes in starting.  MPG have exceeded 30 when my drive is longer than 12 miles or so.  Photo evidence:

E70values65Fmarch112012Largee-mailview.jpg 

Do not know what the E85 values will do.  Note:  I drive a hybrid and the use of the electric motors can change the MPG values over a non-hybrid vehicle.  This information has been posted as reference for others as this poster found little such information anywhere on the internet.   

Just a quick note on what E85 fillups can produce in regards to mpg.

The first photo is from what the Ford Dash displays:

FEHmpgonE85.jpg

There has been a thought that Ford's software in this vehicle does not accurately read ethanol values at E85 and tends to read slightly low.

Thiis is what the scanguage displays:

width=700 height=157http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff26/Billyk24/FEHmpgonE85scanguage.jpg[/img]           

Both values are above 30mpg.  If one goes the BTU "talk" of what 33% less energy with E85, then this mileage would be like (for a 4wd FEH)  41 on straight gasoline.  It is extremely unlikely that this would occur when my 26 mile route included 3.5 miles of 55mph 4 lane divided highway-12 miles of 2 lane state highway with speed limits of 45-50 mph, 1.5 miles of city driving and 8 miles of residental street driving with  25-30 mph limits.   

FYI I have a problem with one of my tires leaking air and it needs to be fixed this week.  My current tires (winter useage) Goodyear Fronza Triple Tread are not low rolling resistance.  I am going to put 4 new low rolling resistance tires on my vehicle in the next week.  It was 85F during this drive today.