Sign in to follow this  
1outlaw

BP Ethanol Project Still Proceeding

BP recently posted, then hired engineers for Florida land planning/ road/ drainage. They now have the engineer posting for the following:

===================================================

LOCATION NOTE:

This is part of the Biofuels PS&O Project Team and will be assigned to the Highlands Ethanol Project which is designing, and building a large-scale ethanol facility and farm infrastructure associated with energy grass supply in Highlands County, Florida.

Currently the role is located at the EP Contractor site in Spartanburg, SC, and will transition to Highlands County, FL to support project construction as the project progresses.

This position is designated as 100% travel due to the work location(s). Candidates will be required to relocate to Houston, TX.

Additional projects in the Southeast US are planned in the future.

===================================================

SO -- looks like an energy grass to ethanol project rather than cane as I had suspected.

though owned lock/stock & barrel  by a global oil company... still, adding to the production capacity with out taking from the corn supply, as well as diversifying feed-stocks and producing closer to a major market...

ALL of these are good things for the country, and use consumers.

It pisses me off seeing BP advertise "moving forward" or "going green" since it is just green washing. They even changed their logo to the ugly green/yellow star! I know they are an American owned company, but I have very little reason to believe their marketing department compared with their record. I haven't looked it up in awhile but BP is far from a forward thinking company in my mind. Liquid coal anyone?

I do not hold the Gulf Oil spill as a black mark on BP as much as a Government oversight. They shouldn't have drilled that deep.

BP is NOT an American company even though they do have a lot invested here. BP really stands for British Petroleum and at least for many years after the aquisition of Amoco they did not tolerate American upper management well- in fact they insisted on Brits in key positions per the jobbers I know.

Still- good to see them investing in this project though they recently killed their solar (PV) business. HECK OF A LOT MORE THAN EXXON MOBIL HAS DONE. Lets face it- they are mostly all dirty birds in business- google or watch the news and Shell, Chevron, Conoco, and most others in the exploration end of things have big environmental issues.