Sign in to follow this  
BURNALCOHOL

FOR SALE: ORIGINAL FLEXTEK CONVERTER, 8 CYLINDER

I am looking to sell an 8 cylinder Flextek converter.  It is a new one that was returned to me do to it was the wrong type of connectors.  I am not selling Flextek converters any more, but I still need to sell this one.  It has Amp/Bosch type connectors which is the most common type on most cars.

This is the Flextek Web sight for more info.  I can also answer any questions you might have.

http://www.flextek.com.br/?lang=eng

Jeremy Nicholls

Here is a sight that sales flextek converters.

http://www.webmajik.com/website_development/flextek.html

They have to videos, one is an installation video.  On the Main Flextek sight they have these Videos, but it is not in English.

I noticed on the webmajik sight they have an on-line store link that is selling the 8 cylinder Flextek converter for $419.00.  Mine is only $365.00

http://www.webmajik.com/clickcart6/products.asp?id=107&Cat=Flextek&SubCat=Flextek+Systems&SubCatID=54

E85 October 03, 2005 from dave

I own a 98 F150 ex-cab 4wd with a 5.4 V8. I installed a Flextek converter on it around the first of August. I've been using E85 since. I have experienced no problems . I've dropped about 1 mpg in economy, the truck performs better on E85 then it did on E10. My only concern is cold weather starting. Winter is coming and I guess time will time. I feel good about spending my money on fuel grown in my home state.

Re: E85 October 05, 2005 from BURNALCOHOL@YAHOO.COM

You can always mix more gasoline in the winter or go back to E10 until it is warmer again. Better yet, since you have two fuel tank on your F150 already, put gasoline in one for starting and E85 in the other for running after the engine gets warmed up.

From  http://www.eere.energy.gov/afdc/progs/tvwb/tvwb.cgi

E85 Toolkit Threaded Bulletin Board ARCHIVE

First click link below.  In your menu click "Edit" then "Find" and search for "F150"

http://205.168.79.27/afdc/progs/tvwb/archive.cgi

I still have this Flextek converter setting around in a box. $365.00 OBO.  The boss "my wife" ::) wants it gone!  Any takers?

Let me know what you are thinking about converting so I can make sure it will work the first time. ;D

Still looking to sell this 8 cylinder Flextek converter.  50% the cost they are selling them now.  Like I posted before this is new/never used.

Xcelplus wants $730.00 for this converter.  Wow!  Talk about price jump! 

Their kit includes: Engine Preparation Kit, remote switch, FFV decal, Flextek adapter, but you can buy the engine treatment for around $50.00.  Mine does not have a FFV decal or the remote switch.  You have to open the hood to switch when you change types of fuel.  The Flextek adaptor is not normally needed.  The only time you need the adaptor is if the polarity is reversed.  I can tell you how to check the polarity or answer any other questions.

I am still trying to get $365.00 for this converter.

Still looking to sell this 8 cylinder Flextek converter.  50% the cost they are selling them now.  Like I posted before this is new/never used.

Xcelplus wants $730.00 for this converter.  Wow!  Talk about price jump! 

Their kit includes: Engine Preparation Kit, remote switch, FFV decal, Flextek adapter, but you can buy the engine treatment for around $50.00.  Mine does not have a FFV decal or the remote switch.  You have to open the hood to switch when you change types of fuel.  The Flextek adaptor is not normally needed.  The only time you need the adaptor is if the polarity is reversed.  I can tell you how to check the polarity or answer any other questions.

I am still trying to get $365.00 for this converter.

Thats a really good buy Jeremy considering how high xcelplus upped the price

Just in case anyone is wondering, I am still looking to sell this converter.

This is a 8 cylinder converter but could easily be used as a 6 or 4 cylinder converter.  Just leave the extra connectors unplugged.

Asking for $365.00 OBO.

If you aren't sure if it will work or not, I'll give you 30 days to return it refunded in full.

That's what I did the first time I sold it but didn't put a time frame on the return.  I figured it must of worked for the other guy.  He e-mailed me a few months later and told me he just got around to putting it in and his injectors were differant then the normal style that is on most vehicles.  So I had him mail it back and refunded his money.

I've had a lot of interest around here for it were I live, but the Price of E85 here is high.  So it doesn't make much sense for people here to buy it just to pay more for fuel.  Hopefully someone with lower E85 prices can make good use of this.

Let me know if you have any questions! 

THANKS