Sign in to follow this  
1outlaw

Renew is now re-branded GCS Fuel Depot and E85/E20 is gone

sadly with the anti-ethanol crowd out there... they could probably advertise "we killed ethanol blended fuels"...  their corporate motto... would probably get more then a few "loyal" (although ignorant) ethanolphobes wanting to gloat over their perceived victory! >:(

I'm running behind on this..will be Sunday before I get them out of the Database

The Good thing is that these pumps can be converted back to offering E85 and E20 ..everything is in Place for the next Company that is buying up retail locations and wants to offer E85 without a huge investment...

I don't prtetend to know the ins and outs as much as outlaw, but I have a hunch that those stations had a corner on the market for the stuff, and now that they are gas only, will not do as well. I went out of my way to buy as much e-20 and e-85 as possible. And I kind of observed what others were doing when I was there, at least at the location I went to the most. And I saw quite a bit of ethanol being bought.

I believe that these customers who always went there (like me) will now NOT go, and they may go back to what was actually working for those stations.

Why would a loyal Renew customer who could get what they wanted there, but now CANNOT,  go there for regular old gasoline that they can get anywhere?

Of course, time will tell.

I believe that these customers who always went there (like me) will now NOT go, and they may go back to what was actually working for those stations.

Why would a loyal Renew customer who could get what they wanted there, but not CANNOT,  go there for regular old gasoline that they can get anywhere?

Of course, time will tell.

Yeah that's kind of what I am hoping for Steve..some backlash ..loss of customer base.. I'd shop at Kwik Trip before I ever stopped at a GCS fuel stop

Would be funny to see some sort of protests "WE WANT BIOFUELS"... local letters in newspapers calling on a boycott...

Would be nice to see the cobwebs growing over these stations, force them to sell them to folks who actually want to sell biofuels!

they simply painted them to new colors and use the blend capability to blend premium and 87 together for a midblend.

Since the problem was that they weren't at a convenience store, is the calling card now they have the cheapest gas prices around?

Uh NO- they are the main company that sued Renew out of existence for pricing cheaper ::)

I wonder if this might become a growing trend?  Happened to notice the local 'Zarco Earth Friendly Fuels' station has changed the 'skirt' of their roof.  It now has Phillips 66 colors and logo.

It is funny - here in town, like many other places - there seem to be a fairly large percent of the population which at least claim to be environmentally conscious - yet the station is almost always empty when I pull in.  They even have regular E10 for the same price as the station across the street, so it would seem if a person had a choice of the same product at the same price, why not buy from a station at least trying to make a difference?

Well running into a bit of an issue as I was removing these Stations from the database.. It also removes them from the Archives..which also affects historical pricing..not a problem or big deal with an occasional closing but taking this many out at a time ..well that's a different story.

so just a heads up that's why you will still see Renew still in the database..

Working on a solution..

Possibly some way to take the stations out of public view, but keep the info for historical reasons.  Also, just for clarity - the 'Earth Friendly' station still has the blender pumps open - at least for now.  I'll keep ya posted if it changes.

Possibly some way to take the stations out of public view, but keep the info for historical reasons.  Also, just for clarity - the 'Earth Friendly' station still has the blender pumps open - at least for now.  I'll keep ya posted if it changes.

Yeah I started looking at how to do this in the database (wasn't getting anywhere)before I  realized the easiest way would be in the on page coding..

I'll have to get my coder guy to script it out ,probably add a new field in the db for closed stations then script to ignore any Stations that are not null/or =closed 

The archives page would not have the scripts so all that data /prices would still be correct

something along those lines...anyway it will be a few days