Sign in to follow this  
cessna

difficult decisions

The corn growers has been rating presidential candidates. I'm for Ron Paul in the big picture but he wouldn't be much support for ethanol--no RFS or blender pump help. He also would probably let Israel stand on their own and not sent our money their way. Closing military bases around the world would probably make the Middle East and Africa more chaotic so the oil companies wouldn't have it so easy either.

Ron Paul, in my opinion, may just be the best thing to happen for ethanol.  The subsidy is going away anyway.  We know that.  As you've already mentioned, with his policy of non-intervention, would end the massive oil subsidy.  Further, he seems to be the only candidate who doesn't want to touch off WW3 by going into Iran, but that's another topic.

The other thing people forget is that he's all about shrinking government and getting them out of peoples lives.  Might there be less bureaucracy and BS when it comes to making your own fuel alcohol, or drinking alcohol for that matter?  ;D  I'd like to think so.  Might the auto makers have a lot more freedom to make vehicles capable of running on ethanol or other alternative fuels, without miles of government red tape?  Well, maybe.  He hasn't said anything about it, as far as I know, but it would fit right in with his way of thinking.

One thing is for sure, the market would be a lot less regulated, and more free.  On a level playing field, ethanol as an alternative fuel might be able to do quite well.  A Ron Paul presidency might affect things in ways none of us have even guessed.

Ron Paul is 87 years old..and still an idiot.

He has no issue with deregulating damn near everything.. I LIKE that the Oil Companies are regulated.. I LIKE that Ethanol Industry has regulations..

I LIKE drinking clean water and breathing clean fresh air..

Don't know why I am even posting because Ron Paul wont be President ..and wont even be the Republicans choice to run..

But you guys go right ahead and take votes away from the GOP'S only reasonable choice ...

That just ensures that President Obama is re-elected.. Ethanol's only "real" supporter

Hell I am ready to Vote for someone that will take away Corn Based E10 and that will only allow corn based ethanol to be marketed as an a alternative fuel..  Someone that will send a message to ethanol.. you want ethanol as a base fuel like E10, E15, E20 then it HAS to come from MSW and Cellulosic ..corn can contribute but only in a limited manner..

Newt is corn growers favorite at this time. I don't care about his ex-wives but from what I read, he has his sights on Iran just like the rest except R Paul. I can't figure out why we don't hear how the USA and Britain started our problems with Iran back in 1953. We're still feeling the effects from that greedy mistake. Google Mohammad Mossedegh. That's pretty much how the US works.

Thought of something else Dan, do you think blender pumps would have taken so long to certify and would it be illegal to use E30 in non-flex engines under R Paul?

taken so long to certify...there wouldn't be anyone taking responsibility under Paul..and that's the Problem with Paul

No one wants anarchy and that's what Paul is selling..

Besides the fact that he is a goof ball.. Wouldn't have even defended the US after 9-11..He actually said 9-11 was OUR fault

Wants to stop all Foreign aid , thinks it's perfectly fine to dismantle Medicare and Social Security..those views alone Guarantee he isn't going to be elected to anything and shows how he could give a rats behind about Americans.

Go ahead vote for him..like I said all it does is ensure  President Obama a second term

Operation to kill Osama bin Laden

In May 2011, Paul said he would not have ordered the raid that killed Osama bin Laden, calling the operation "absolutely not necessary

Operation to kill Anwar al-Awlaki

On September 30, 2011, Paul said "If the American people accept this blindly and casually – have a precedent of an American president assassinating people who he thinks are bad. I think that's sad.

Social Security

Paul believes young Americans should be able to opt out of the system if they would not like to pay Social Security taxes, in order to protect the system.

Ron Paul is an idiot.. yeah just let the yon folks not pay into Social Security ..that way they can just spend all their money on Ipods, SmartPhones,Tvs  ..and not contribute to the financial safety of not only themselves but for their fellow Americans.. because we just know all those young folks will make the right decision and invest else where for their retirement :rollseyes:

You seriously think anyone with these types of views is going to be elected to the Presidency of the United States..that anyone with his Views Should be elected ..

I thought this was in the "Ethanol Politics" forum.  ;D

Wouldn't have even defended the US after 9-11..He actually said 9-11 was OUR fault

It was, in a way.  We go over there and maintain a military presence, side with their enemies, and overthrow their governements.  What do you expect them to do?  If we had kept out of the region entirely for the past 60 or so years, things would be a lot different.  I'm not condoning terrorism, but consider the concept of blowback.

Wants to stop all Foreign aid

Good!  Take care of our people first.  We won't be able to take care of anyone if our own house is not in order.

thinks it's perfectly fine to dismantle Medicare and Social Security

It is.  Government sponsored wealth transfer is another step on the road to communism.  There are perfectly good ways of taking care of the old without letting the government handle it.  Any time the government gets its hands into something it turns to crap anyway.

Go ahead vote for him..like I said all it does is ensure  President Obama a second term

You go ahead and think that.

To your second post:

In May 2011, Paul said he would not have ordered the raid that killed Osama bin Laden, calling the operation "absolutely not necessary

It wasn't.  All they've done is created a martyr.  You can kill a man, but never an idea.  You must kill the conditions that created that idea.  Right now, Obama is failing that miserably.

because we just know all those young folks will make the right decision and invest else where for their retirement

All the ones voting for Paul will, anyway.  ;)

that anyone with his Views Should be elected ..

You know what they say about opinions...  ;D

Now we are really in a free fall------

Quote: "Ron Paul is 87 years old..and still an idiot"

Actually he is 76 and at least remembers which agencies he would like to cut ;D in contrast to 1 govenator from Texas (oh I know- dont mess with Texas ;D )

IMO we need an alternative to the status quo on both sides (I know I am never willing to clearly take either side). LOL but..Ron Paul seems to me to be the ONLY alternative on the red state side to the Washington status quo, even if he's just a little bit out of that loop, he's gotta be better than the rest  of those guys. They are all out of touch with reality IMO.