Sign in to follow this  
Rob Harper

Couldn't do it.

Hey guys, I needed to fill up my '95 LT1 Caprice today.  I have been mixing to about E30 for months without issue.  Unleaded 87 around here is $3.20 to $3.25. (lowest I saw was $3.12)  Imagine my surprise when I stopped at the one station around here with E85 and it was $3.59.  Shell in Cary, NC.  Had to go with straight 87.  I know we have one more new station  in Raleigh, I will try to check them out on the way home.    Unleaded for $3.12 and E85 for $3.59 is crazy.

Rob

It was $2.95 up here last week when I drove past the two stations that have it. I think they get the idea that it has to be cheaper to sell it, even if the price is up on it. I dont blame you for not buying it for that much more. I know I wouldnt.

Oh you've still got it good!

Where I'm at in Iowa, the blender pump down the road has E10 for $3.00, E20 for $3.24, and E85 for $2.99.  Other blends, like E30 and E50 were available, but priced higher like E20.  That's right, one ******* cent difference between E10 and E85.  It seems like they've just given up on it.  I really don't understand.  Why spend all the money on blender pumps then just give up?

Heh..  87 octane is $3.32- $3.41 here. The highest price in Michigan is almost always in Marquette. So we have a good spread here, and I seriously doubt we will ever see $2 gas here again. My 99 Blazer doesnt like more than E20, it just stops running. I think its the MAF, but whatever the problem, I cant run much other than the cheapest camel whiz through it.