Sign in to follow this  
dan45mcc

E85 Prices National Average 3.1%

Minnesota is the only State able to maintain a 15% spread ..thanks in large part to the Holiday Station stores

The National average price spread is a pitiful 3.1 % and that is WITH the VEETC blenders credit intact..

post-1-138947093802_thumb.png

Hi Dan,

Almost makes Kroger in Texas look good with their locked 30 cents per gallon spread. 

Minnesota is the only State able to maintain a 15% spread ..thanks in large part to the Holiday Station stores

The National average price spread is a pitiful 3.1 % and that is WITH the VEETC blenders credit intact..

I really hate seeing the gas prices this low... makes all the "dino fuel" folks say "I told you so!... I KNEW prices would go down!"...

One thing about the economy being where it is... demand for fuel drops, so the price of oil/gas typically does as well...

I really hate seeing the gas prices this low... makes all the "dino fuel" folks say "I told you so!... I KNEW prices would go down!"...

One thing about the economy being where it is... demand for fuel drops, so the price of oil/gas typically does as well...

Except Gas Prices are not Low.. we had the SAME issue with piss poor Price spreads all summer.. the Problem is EXPENSIVE ethanol (am I yelling husker?  ;D )  Expensive ethanol because Corn Is expensive ..you cant have a wide price spread when corn is expensive.

Look  at the Charts.. Umm if Corn was  $4.50 a bushel (which is still double what it was a few years ago)..then Ethanol would be selling at around $1.90 compared to gasoline at $2.54.. means price spread between E85 and Gasoline would be great ..even without a blenders credit.

The way to get corn to $4.50 is to cut back on 14 BILLION gallons of ethanol we use as an additive ..E10 yeah I know a broken record..but hey that's the solution.. quit using ethanol as an additive instead of as an alternative fuel

post-1-138947093811_thumb.png

post-1-138947093814_thumb.png

post-1-138947093817_thumb.png

yes, I know what you are saying... but gas is finally approaching the $3 point again!  I didn't honestly think we would ever see that again.  I thought it might temporarily dip back down, but not below the $3 point.  E10/Super unleaded has been at $3.05 for a couple days now here in Omaha.

I know ethanol is expensive because corn is expensive.

When you combine cheap oil, with expensive corn... makes for low price spreads.