Existing NC station is a blender...

Dan,

This station...

Crown Express

1210 New Bern Ave

Raleigh NC

Is a blender, serving e20, 40, 50, 85

(also sells B20 bio-diesel)

On a side note... do they have blender pumps marked for bio-diesel?  Would be cool to have this feature.  You'd be surprised how many people would use the fuel if it was more available... and how much they would use it!

http://www.ethanolretailer.com/latest-retailer-news/#top

Hi folks, I have been lurking on here for several months and just decided to register.  I live near Raleigh, NC and we only have one E85 pump in the entire county. (until now)  The one pump is on my way to work, and for about 6-7 months I have been filling my 1995 Caprice with 14 gallons of 87 and 6 gallons of E85.  It gets the same mileage on that mix as it does on 87.  And it seems to run a little better.  I'm happy to have this new station, and also happy that it's a blender.  I wish they had E30 but I will try the E20 and E40 and see how they run in my car.  My neighbor works for Novozymes and tells me that soon we will make ethanol from tree bark and grass and maybe trash.  Can't wait.  Our ethanol prices around here stink!  E85 is usually the same or maybe 10 cents less than 87.

Rob

Rob, Welcome and glad to hear about your good experience. To bad the auto makers aren't promoting what you are finding out and instead are knuckling under to the powers that don't want mid blends to happen.

My buddy lives the next county over and has a 2000 something Ford Explorer.  He was complaining how it would ping on 87, and he had to run high test in it.  There is a station near his house with E85 and I told him to mix like I do.  He tried it, and says the Explorer runs great with about E30.  No pinging and cheaper than high test.

What do you guys think about running a 2012 Focus on approx E30?  Just bought it last weekend, and may give it a try.  But don't want to mess up the warranty!!  Wish we could have gotten the Flex Fuel version here.

e40 should be fine in your car... I had a '99 Lumnia and splashblened like you were doing for about 2 years... it liked the e45 or so...

As for the '12 Focus... I'd think that e30 would be NO PROBLEM at all...  might actually like it, as this is a pretty high compression little engine.

As for warranty...  just make sure that you dilute the ethanol down and don't mention it...  will not do any damage, and will not be an issue if you don't mention it...

Welcome aboard, feel free to keep us updated on e85 prices.com, and to join in the discussion.

My neighbor works for Novozymes and tells me that soon we will make ethanol from tree bark and grass and maybe trash.

Novozymes is getting ready to produce in Nebraska.

http://www.siouxcityjournal.com/news/state-and-regional/nebraska/new-enzyme-plant-readies-to-supply-biofuel-plants/article_97fc667f-103b-5e48-8b07-3bc6206779eb.html

I'm thinking of selling my 2006 Jetta TDI and getting a new Focus or Cruze so I can do 30 to 50% or more if I get the right Flex kit. Just playing around with my 1992 Toyota 4x4, squirting a little ether into the intake manifold solves the cold start issue.