Sign in to follow this  
AzDragonLord

Forgive me father...

Forgive me father for I have sinned...

I filled my truck with regular gasoline instead of the usual e85 last night.  I know it's wrong, but I was lured away by the extra savings using my grocer's fuel discount program.  This dropped my cost about 25¢ below what I normally pay for e85.  When it comes to filling a nearly empty 34-gallon tank, it seemed like the thing to do at the time, and it's still my turn driving to work...about 500 miles per week.

I promise to try and do better, to put my country's and my environment's needs before mine, and not give in so quickly to temptation!

I too have been tempted buy such illicit lures....  the devil does know how to tempt all of us, and the easiest way is through our wallet.

We frequent a large grocery chain that does the discounts (scaling up with the size of the purchase total) at their gas station located at the edge of the parking lot.  What we (wife and I) have started doing, is to ask people who we meet between the check out counter and the car that look like they could use some good news "would you like this 20 cent discount on gas?"  Most people gladly accept, a few don't, assuming that this is some hoax...  A few ask "you don't want it?"... which we then get to do a short education bit and say "No, we have a FlexFuel Vehicle and we only use e85 Ethanol... they don't sell that fuel there..."  We usually get that blind deer in headlight look of "what the heck is flex fuel, and what is e85..."  few ever vocalize this ignorance...

Anyways... my suggestion is, rather then giving-in to this temptation, turn this temptation to do evil around, and use it to do good.  This act of charity to your fellow man, and the opportunity to use it as a chance to spread the ethanol gospel will help redeem yourself of the sins you have committed.  That and a few Hail Mary's :s_good:

Go in Peace!

HI, I'm Huskerflex, it's been 2 1/2 years since my last drop of gas.  OK, so we're all recovering petroleum addicts here, every one of us.  We all have temptations, in times like these we need the support of other recovering addicts.  If you've fallen off the wagon, stand up, remember WHY you stopped using gas in the first place.  Think of what damage it was doing to you, your car, your country, your environment!  This is why we all here! 

Come on folks!  Renew your pledge of gas-sobriety today,  it is never too late to do the right thing...

I got sick of running gas after the second time cleaning up the throttle body and EGR system.

Before you put gasoline in, think of the combustion chamber deposits, the dirty engine oil, the extra wear on parts.  Think of the carcinogenic exhaust, the evaporative benzene, toluene, xylene.  Do you really want that around yourself and those you love?  Think of all the people who died protecting oil, the debt it has racked up for our country.  Think of corporate greed, hidden oil subsidies, turbans, and oil spills.

Think of the fields of green, the employed American workers, the revitalized rural communities, farmer in his field.  Think about oil that comes out of the motor just as clean as it went in.  Think about the clean running engine, and the increased torque.

Consider these things before making your decision at the pump.  I have faith that you'll do the right thing.

GREAT reply!

I'm picturing a Growth Energy advertising campaign...

"Joe 6-pack" pulls up to a blender pump... he opens up his gas lid (showing the yellow cap ;)), then turns around, and is dazzled by the number of fuel choices he has, he looks at the gas grades... and has visions of oil spills, smog, wounded veterans and military funerals, with a vision of terrorists as well..., then he glances over to the ethanol blends... he has visions of a farmer walking with his son through a field of corn, an American worker with a hard hat at an ethanol plant, a busy vibrant rural communities main street, and clean air.

Joe pushes "e85" and smiles....

then the tag line "fuel choice is a good thing"

How would that be for an ethanol advertisement!

You could do a similar one, appealing to the "minivan driving-soccer mom" segment...

with a mom filling up her Town & Country FFV minivan, with car seats filled with cute little kids...  when she has her "oil induced visions", she pictures her son in the middle east, her girl coughing on smog... showing how this choice she is about to make effects her children in their future!...

While the OP is no doubt being a little silly, I have to feel some empathy for him. I don't have a choice, we pump what car takes and that is regular Gasoline.

He got me, too, yesterday. 

Price spread of only 1%.   

I put 24 gallons of petroleum in the Silverado.

Sorry.

I hate it when someone uses a fat/husky/unattractive guy in cheap red pajamas for the Devil. It's completely the opposite of what you'd expect. More people should use a pick of Keanu Reeves or Tom Cruise for the Devil.  :72:  :)

Somebody needs to film that ad and put in on utoob. People get lost in the, "well it isn't magically better than Gasoline" or any of the other distracting nonsense like the endless supply of urban/internets myths and they forget why we are fighting off a possible energy crisis. Which is because we are completely dependent on any and all Petrol exporting countries to keep our economy going.