Sign in to follow this  
dan45mcc

Renewable Fuels Association is Planning on eliminating E85 in Favor of E15

"One possible outcome from that situation could be that retailers replace E85 with E15 in those dispensers, he said. “If it’s able to distribute E85 or higher blends, certainly it could do E15.”"

That's certainly one possibility...

I feel your frustration Dan. Hopefully he was just trolling.

Wait, they sell "pure" Gasoline in Iowa? I wish they did that everywhere. My biggest gripe with the whole politico situation is the mandate. It should be optional.

"One possible outcome from that situation could be that retailers replace E85 with E15 in those dispensers, he said. “If it’s able to distribute E85 or higher blends, certainly it could do E15.”"

That's certainly one possibility...

I feel your frustration Dan. Hopefully he was just trolling.

Wait, they sell "pure" Gasoline in Iowa? I wish they did that everywhere. My biggest gripe with the whole politico situation is the mandate. It should be optional.

Yeah that's what gets me about promoting E10-E15..

for E85 to shine would be if Stations sold "real" Gasoline..  without the mandated E10..THEN you would see a flurry of activity getting blenders and High Blends on the Market.. Iowa does perfectly fine selling E10 right alongside "pure" Unleaded gasoline

Clearly we cant collapse the entire Corn ethanol Industry making such a move now ..BUT there is no reason that E10 cant be pulled back to even E8..a 20% pull back from the additives would lower pressure on corn prices and still maintain a strong robost corn ethanol Industry..that would show more "interest" inn getting high blends to market as their low blends are curbed/tempered.

same here in Nebraska... only the mid/super unleaded is marked as "ethanol added" or "up to 10% ethanol"...  I know of 1 chain that has this on all 3 grades... but just that one... it is very rare.

We sell a LOT of e10 in the state... helps that it is 10-12 cents lower... but most people here will pick it out over "regular gas" for the pro-ethanol boost to the local economy sentiment.

I agree, consumers should choose the fuel, not have it forced.

If the RFS was fazed out, and oil companies were NOT "required" to blend.... would they?  How much?

Would the ethanol industry be able to stand on their own feet with out a mandate?  Would this force them to support e85 and blender pumps whole hog?