Sign in to follow this  
dan45mcc

US October Ethanol Production Matches All-Time High

CHICAGO (Dow Jones)--U.S. ethanol production in October tied the daily production record set in September, the Renewable Fuels Association said. 

U.S. ethanol production reached 333,000 barrels per day in October, the same rate produced in September, the RFA said in a press release late Friday, citing data from the U.S. Energy Information Administration.

Through October, the U.S. ethanol industry was producing an average of 310,000 b/d, according to the RFA, an industry organization. Year-end ethanol production is estimated at 4.9 billion gallons, an increase of more than 25% from 2005.

Ethanol demand in October was 391,000 b/d, up from 278,000 in 2005, the association said.  For the year, demand has averaged 339,000 b/d, or more than 4.3 billion gallons, with total demand in 2006 expected to exceed 5 billion gallons, more than one billion gallons above the Renewable Fuels Standard, the RFA said in the release.

The ethanol industry currently has 110 plants operating with the capacity to produce more than 5.3 billion gallons annually.

There are currently 79 construction projects underway that will add almost 6 billion gallons of new ethanol production capacity, according to the RFA.

Source: Dow Jones Newswire

CHICAGO (Dow Jones)--U.S. ethanol production in October tied the daily production record set in September, the Renewable Fuels Association said. 

U.S. ethanol production reached 333,000 barrels per day in October, the same rate produced in September, the RFA said in a press release late Friday, citing data from the U.S. Energy Information Administration.

Through October, the U.S. ethanol industry was producing an average of 310,000 b/d, according to the RFA, an industry organization. Year-end ethanol production is estimated at 4.9 billion gallons, an increase of more than 25% from 2005.

Ethanol demand in October was 391,000 b/d, up from 278,000 in 2005, the association said.  For the year, demand has averaged 339,000 b/d, or more than 4.3 billion gallons, with total demand in 2006 expected to exceed 5 billion gallons, more than one billion gallons above the Renewable Fuels Standard, the RFA said in the release.

The ethanol industry currently has 110 plants operating with the capacity to produce more than 5.3 billion gallons annually.

There are currently 79 construction projects underway that will add almost 6 billion gallons of new ethanol production capacity, according to the RFA.

Source: Dow Jones Newswire

SIGH.. but none of it will be available to Virginians..

Should I claim some vast YANKEE conspiracy??? ;D

Seriously, we're all for producing more but unless it gets 'spread around' some and available to those outside the midwest and for a price that can show the true potential then we're stuck giving $$ to those who hate us and people won't make a conscience effort to learn about it and use it.

I drive as far west as Columbus Ohio and have yet to even SEE an E85 station, If they are out there then they must be some well kept secret to those of us

rebels. :(

Now now BanjoMan--- A good rebel like you ought to have your own still rather than wait for Yanks to make it for you- seriously I think it is currently costing about 12 cents to rail ethanol from the middle midwest to New Jersey.

Indiana is building several plants right now and I know some were proposed for Ohio but I do not know their progress. I would think Virginia would be prime for a sugar type ethanol made from a sorghum or definitely cellulosic ethanol- long growing season, lots of moisture, etc.- think of your Kudzoo hanging all over the trees- got to be something useful in such a pest as that.

Banjoman ..outlaw is right around 12 cents a gallon to ship from the Midwest but I seen an article the other day.. (I cant seem to locate it this morning) but it was about an Ethanol plant I believe in South Carolina and they specifically memtioned being able to ship ethanol frotheir location to some surrounding states including Virginia for 5 cents a gallon..

It wont be long ..I suspect this summer you'll see a few stations starting to pop up close by..first year will probably be a little on the high side but as soon as they get a few more Ethanol plants up and running in your neck of the woods you'll even more stations with E85 and at a better price..

Too bad a group of like minded people couldn't form a co op and get a rail car of ethanol and divvy it out amongst themselves. My grandfather started a co op in the 30's for the farmers of this area. He got all the neighbors together and had the lubricating oil salesmen give their speels and then they had a majority vote on which oil to buy and then got a big shipment in by train in barrels. Next they purchased tractor fuel and a single axle tractor and single axle semi trailer brought a load up from Wichita KS to NW Iowa and everyone took delivery of their share. That was the start and it expanded from there----it's small but still going today.

Marty

Now now BanjoMan--- A good rebel like you ought to have your own still rather than wait for Yanks to make it for you- seriously I think it is currently costing about 12 cents to rail ethanol from the middle midwest to New Jersey.

Indiana is building several plants right now and I know some were proposed for Ohio but I do not know their progress. I would think Virginia would be prime for a sugar type ethanol made from a sorghum or definitely cellulosic ethanol- long growing season, lots of moisture, etc.- think of your Kudzoo hanging all over the trees- got to be something useful in such a pest as that.

There just arent' enough hours in the day to 'cook up my own'. I also live in a place that I couldn't get away with it. Between my 3.5 hours a day commuting to the 'big city' and Too many other things going on I'd have to settle for beign able to find a place to pump it.

On the East coast they are more interested in putting  aside land for homes instead of plants that would actually make something productive anyway.  I routinely see places that could sustain a good ethanol plant but are sold for homes and the NIMBY factor (not in my backyard) usually wins out.  Everyone bitches about having energy but when it comes time to 'pony up' for it they back off.  You see proposals for wind generators and then people complain about how 'birds could be killed' or the fact that they don't want this that or the other because they feel it will do more harm than good.

So we won't get any place capable of producing Ethanol within 200 miles of the White House because the Politicans live in that range.

I'd love to be proven wrong..

<soabbox>

It also never ceases to amaze me how even after 145 years the sides are still drawn.  And I especially like the guys from states like Pennsylvania who run around with the rebel flag on their trucks. What a bunch of 'geographically and historically'  challenged morons. It also really ticks me off when History is being 'corrected' about the Civil war claiming it was ONLY about Slavery.  Slavery was,is, and alway will be a bad thing. But it wasnt' the ONLY thing that drew the sides apart and the truth, in it's entirety, no matter how unpleasant, should be told no matter how it ends up. 

</soapbox>