Sign in to follow this  
85racer

U.S. to pass Brazil as top ethanol exporter

Food ;D for thought:

http://www.blackseagrain.net/about-ukragroconsult/news-bsg/u.s.-to-pass-brazil-as-top-ethanol-exporter

U.S. to pass Brazil as top ethanol exporter

The U.S. will likely become the world’s largest ethanol exporter in the second half of 2011, overtaking Brazil, which has been suffering from high sugar prices, according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration.

Bad weather has hurt sugarcane crops in Brazil, reducing output of sugar, and that’s made Brazil’s ethanol more expensive — and less attractive compared with U.S. exports, the CME Group Ethanol Outlook Report released on Monday said.

Brazilian producers have only expanded sugarcane production by about 2% per year, while ethanol demand has seen a 9% yearly increase. In order to reduce ethanol demand, Brazil’s government recently cut its ethanol blending requirement to 20% starting Oct. 1 from 25% currently, the report said.

I remember when Brazil removed the Ethanol import tariff. There put out some ads saying, "hey look what we did!" There were suggestions that we should remove our import tariff aswell.

It certainly took us long enough considering that both Brazil and the US started using Ethanol(again) after the 70's Oil embargo.

I don't see much data in your link nor a source. Am I missing something?

As long as it is corn ethanol this is NOT a good thing.

Raising the price of corn and ethanol via export demand simply raises the prices of E85 here in the States.

I agree 110%. Not only our government but business just the same care more about exports and making money than stabilizing the economy in our own back yard. Keep the Ethanol here, which will drop the price of Ethanol fuel in the US, which will decrease the imported oil and everything else will fall into place to turn this Nation back around.

From an economic stand point... I can sort of see a point (though small) to their logic.... it is bringing in cash from other countries... (exports do help the economy)... 

But if you are exporting a domestic fuel, that means that you will have to import a foreign fuel...  As much as I like having money come into the US from the labor of US farmers and industry... if that means we have to give more money to those SOBs in OPEC and help drive up the demand/price for oil internationally...  NO THANKS...

Keep the ethanol here!

As for blenders credits/VEETC for export...  I sure hope they closed that loophole