Sign in to follow this  
1outlaw

Renew E85 LLC is Sold to Titletown Oil of Green Bay

On September 1 Titletown Oil of Green Bay WI will assume operations of Renew fuel stations (17 of the current 18). All current employees will be retained. Titletown also has an E85 station of it's own. Utica Energy has agreed to provide E85 to Titletown as needed. Customers may experience a brief period of hours (Or days --if the technical aspects- connections, software, etc cannot be accomplished rapidly). This can be a very positive thing due to the marketing resources Titletown possesses. Titletown has 23 of it's own C-Stores, a few unattended sites, and numerous wholesale accts (other stations).

Dan- the alpha site- Berlin (hwy 21 and 49) will be closed so it will need to be taken down from the list of stations. This alpha site was a test facility and as the first built (in April 2005) only had 1 dispenser and was in a very dirty environment near a grain dryer and grain handling facility where dust was an eternal issue.

Thank goodness Wisconsin will still have this great resource for ethanol, and with the same operations folks intact, too! If you are in our neck of the woods, let's do all we can to support this company as they have been THE reason for e-85 usage throughout their current footprint!

I intend to work on everyone I can to get them into flex fuel and over to Renew.

Dang, I loved fueling up at that site, it was classic...even if I get through there but a few times a year LOL. But I'll take the 17 others!

the alpha site- Berlin (hwy 21 and 49) will be closed

Kind of sad----that's where I met Phil the first time and my first blender pump experience. Maybe there'll be a blender pump hall of fame someday---that's where it all started.

WOW !  .. Well I don't know to congratulate you guys or Titletown ..  Phil are you staying on with Renew/TitleTown?  What's in your future? 

Berlin..Yep I'll take care of it.

I will be staying on with Renew/Titletown though over time many of it's operational functions will be integrated into exisitng personell/structures. Much of what I can do is unique due to the software I directed as it was developed for us- on the other hand they would have existing marketing, gas supply, trucking, accounting, inventory control, re-permiting, and annual insurance renewal personell that is standard to the industry.

I hope we can bring E85 into some of their high volume C-stores where traffic, bathrooms, convenience items can make E85 sales better than what we could do in our little unattended sites. We will see- unfortunately I see the next 6-18 months as pretty tough for E85 spreads.

I'm glad to hear that you are sill in a job.  You (and the folks at Renew) have really been front runners in the field of ethanol blender pumps, and it would be a shame to throw out that experience.

As for the "alpha station"...  where is THAT blender pump being moved to?  I'd assume that it would not be scrapped... ;)

The prospect of moving blender pumps into the existing network of TitleTown stations does sound intriguing.  Best of luck on these endeavors.  Please do let us know if there are any grass roots issues that any of us can be of assistance on.

Thanks folks ;)

The blender pump at the alpha site will be just handed over to the landowner there who will convert the site to fleet fueling of it's own trucks (the owner there MIGHT end up being ADM).

I always wanted UL to have that dispenser so they could study a blender that had way over a million gallons of E85 thru one side and a ton of e20 and E10 out the other positions. We never replaced a single meter, not a single blend valve, piping, or anything else that touched fuel except for the common wear items -hoses, nozzles, swivels, and breakaways. Only the nozzles and breakaways were nickle plated. The standard internal piping appears to be copper with cast aluminum meter and filter bases.

This dispenser of course was non-UL approved for high ethanol- it was an out-of-the-box gasoline type digital blender.

I would send that information to UL and at least make them aware of this so that they could keep an eye on this equipment, for future long term studies...  would really put to rest some exaggerated/imagined fears.