Sign in to follow this  
dan45mcc

Ethanol now costs More than Gasoline

so would that be like the golden egg killing the goose that laid it?

If they kill the blenders credit (not a bad thing for us alternative fuel people) and then kill the mandate for the fuel additive... what else will keep the industry afloat?  Can they/will they actually get behind blender pumps ASAP at the 11th hour to eek out some sort of future for the industry?

The ethanol industry has provided in a short time the first glimmer of hope rural america has seen in nearly a half a century IMHO... it's death would be a tragic blow for this region as a whole, not to mention a great lost opportunity for the country to ween itself off of dirty imported fossil fuels...

sweet!  All over Omaha I've been seeing e10 for $3.39, and regular (e0) for $3.49 for several weeks...  making $3.04 ethanol a 13% spread.

I have not gone out of my way to post these poor prices, but even then, Nebraska officially lost it's "yellow" 15% spread status last week! ??? :-[

Maybe if gas prices KEEP going up... we'll see spreads widen back out a bit...

I have not gone out of my way to post these poor prices...

I can associate with that. I was surprised to see a $2.89 E85 price the other day tho. Wasn't expecting that based on what I read here.

I saw those low prices as well... what shocked me even more... is that it was in Kentucky... a non-ethanol producing state...

In NE, IA, MN or IL...  where we produce HUGE surpluses of ethanol, beyond what we need for local e10 fuel additive needs... I could see, but KY... still it is good for them.  I hope that those stations develop a solid clientele of regular FFV users.

I saw those low prices as well... what shocked me even more... is that it was in Kentucky... a non-ethanol producing state...

In NE, IA, MN or IL...  where we produce HUGE surpluses of ethanol, beyond what we need for local e10 fuel additive needs... I could see, but KY... still it is good for them.  I hope that those stations develop a solid clientele of regular FFV users.

The reason Kentucky is yellow status is because all of the Louisville stations went out of date and the up to date stations happen to have good spreads. Plus the numbers are just plain old.

And it is infact an Ethanol producing state but most of the Corn production is in west Kentucky and minor compared to the powerhouse states. No one is more surprised than me that we have even temporary Yellow status  :o.