Sign in to follow this  
dan45mcc

Once again the NEVC is attacking any conversions

if it dosent involve buying a new vehicle they wont support it

http://www.ethanolproducer.com/article.jsp?article_id=2568

The NEVC seems to think that thye are the spokes people for e85 ..  that would be fine if they could learn to be a little more objective instead of as simply a extension of Ford and GM sales departments..

Why don't we form our own coalition? 

Why not state we're looking at ethanol fuel only?

Why not introduce the idea of unleaded fuels in the mixture ONLY WHEN NECESSARY??

Why can't ALL vehicles be FlexFuel capable??

NEVCs main thrust seems to be getting E85 infrastructure out there and available to the public,

not recognizing the fact that 1/3 of the motoring public can't afford to buy a new FFV(or maybe even used).

Is there any data that shows what happens to emmissions of non-FFV vehicles when running up to E50??

If folks are complaining about not being able to find or afford  new FFVs , perhaps EPA would listen to a

well constructed argument for using more domestically produced fuel, if there is no harm introduced to air/

environmental quality..

If NEVC doesn't want to present any other solutions , perhaps it's time for a new E85 advocate group...

Why don't we form our own coalition? 

Why not state we're looking at ethanol fuel only?

Why not introduce the idea of unleaded fuels in the mixture ONLY WHEN NECESSARY??

Why can't ALL vehicles be FlexFuel capable??

NEVCs main thrust seems to be getting E85 infrastructure out there and available to the public,

not recognizing the fact that 1/3 of the motoring public can't afford to buy a new FFV(or maybe even used).

Is there any data that shows what happens to emmissions of non-FFV vehicles when running up to E50??

If folks are complaining about not being able to find or afford  new FFVs , perhaps EPA would listen to a

well constructed argument for using more domestically produced fuel, if there is no harm introduced to air/

environmental quality..

If NEVC doesn't want to present any other solutions , perhaps it's time for a new E85 advocate group...

I'm open ..

That's a great Idea greengenes

My focus is simply getting vehicles that are actually optimised for E85 on the Market...(new vehicles)

and also to bring about a wider understanding that just about any modern vehicle can be converted to run on E85 ..that people dont need  to buy a new vehicle..

I dont know what I can bring to the table other than being vocal

The NEVC does do an excellent job at helping to push getting E85 up and running at the retail level..but they need to also focus (even if that means losing some support of GM/Ford)  on supporting conversion kits and / chip /injectors modifications and getting the backing of the EPA

Yes the longterm solution is that new vehilces coming off the line are optimised to run on ethanol .. but short term (next 4-5 years) not only allow conversion but support it , focus on it and push it .

I know one person I'd like to invite as a Charter/board member .. Vinod Khosla

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12713171/

Yep ,  Khosla would be  a great addition to the cast of regular players here.  I'd like to hear more of his thoughts.

I  think we're at sufficient momentum here to force some real change in the system.

It would be great to have the EPA give us some guidance on what to shoot for as far as tailpipe emmissions, and then

allow us leeway to work  with whatever mix of fuel is available( or necessary ).

I saw on one of the foreign Ethanol fuel sites ( swedish , I think) a link to a table that showed fuel mixtures commonly available in Europe.

One of those available choices was E50.  This would be a great way to get the rest of the motoring public on board with little or no effort.

We may see the ethanol industry hit the 7-8 B gal/year mark here shortly, and with the onset of cellulose ethanol,  the scale of that chart goes straight up from there..  By that time , we're taking a serious bite out of the petroleum industries' market.  Add in a bit of efficiency gain from coupling with hybrid technologies( and the mpg improvements) and we may be talking about 1/2 of the US vehicle fleet mileage... 

This is where the NEVC should be focusing more effort, I think.  We already know of  the popularity of hybrid vehicles with the public.

Why not push the big three in this direction, with corresponding leadership from the executive and legislative areas and a change in how CAFE is computed??

The infastructure incentives will need to change , too.  Maybe to more like the Utica & MFA model. 

Maybe this is why UL is taking their time with qualifying the E85 pump equipment.  They may recognize that blender pumps are right around the corner, and long term use may include the possibility of running pure ethanol fuel as the primary component in fueling infrastructure.

That would be exciting. This next year might be a wild ride..     

Wish our political system could be a little more like the Swedes. They have the bio Saab technology that could work here also. I'd rather have the variable boost than power windows and a sunroof etc.

Marty