Sign in to follow this  
HuskerFlex

Ethanol giveaway at antique tractor show in Nebraska... but NOT e85?

... show how to make it from corn, milo, sweet sorghum, molasses, Jerusalem Artichokes, cattails, waste sugars, waste produce, waste bread... show a modified carb, show a modified lawnmower, pumpjack motor, modified truck... get people to thinking outside the oil industry imposed box.  Have pamphlets for the demonstrators to hand out on legal systems to buy, and approved kits for those wanting to make their own systems...  all the legal forms needed...

Sounds like great opportunity for someone who has summers off, like a teacher maybe???

I've already checked with the NE Ethanol board... since they are part of the State government (fully funded by their own funds from corn growers and ethanol producers...) they are in a hiring freeze... so no new jobs there...

I have so many good promotional and educational ideas... but no one wants to do anything...  I think I've talked to EVERYONE out there  ???

A booth at Husker Harvest Days showing conversions like Johnny's, carbs, EFI modifications, and how easily all of it can be done, as well as how to produce it on the farm would be a great idea. If I could get my dad behind it with his connections we could really make a difference. I have one farmer interested, and he owns a Model T so we could use it to show a full range of vehicles running on ethanol.

My limitations, such as living in Michigan and all the physical stuff makes it hard for me to get things going back home. If we could get a few more people interested and willing to put in some time, we could get 4H and other projects you mention going. I can get working examples of things, but it is illegal to have a mobile still. Blume had a still on a trailer he pulled around to events like that back in the 70s.

My father is currently restoring my Great Grandfathers fist tractor. A John Deere GP from the 20's. From what I understand the fuel cell have two compartments. One was for kerosene? and the other gasoline. From what I understand is the tractor was started on gas then switched to Kerosene. I haven't thought of it until now but it sounds like E85 would be a good choice for fuel of this restoration. The motor is currently in Hooper NE, getting rebuilt but if I remember my dad telling me when the fuel switch occurred, there were a few levers for the carburetor to get the mixture correct. Might be able to run the good fuel without modifications. Does anyone have a experience with old green tractors and the fuel?

1937 John Deere "B" driving around on E85