Sign in to follow this  
HuskerFlex

US House members introduce Open Fuel Standard Act

You remember who was advocating M85? He posted here a while back-- think a little while-- he has his own blog and is widely followed as "an expert" by media. :laugh:  You know if you think about it-- something like ethanol should all be used in the Midwest but spare California and Hawaii but methanol is good-- coming back to you? Oil drum???

Some favor methanol because it is an easy route from cellulose-- remember what Range Fuels was able to produce in the Georgia plant but not ethanol before they shut it down. I am not anti-methanol but like you guys- do not want it to stand in the way of more FFV's. While methanol can be made very cheap and yet is very toxic- gas is very toxic too, and this just product seems to be a tool of the "big boys" since it can be made from oil and nat gas too.

There is a guy on Autoblog who is a big advocate of the Flexfuel mandate and is always pushing that it include compatibility for 100% Ethanol and 100% Methanol. His goes by Carney and he has mentioned a book called the "Methanol Economy," I believe? He puts forth the idea that adding FFV for E85 is $100 and FFV compatibility for Gasoline to 100% Methanol is only $130 total. He is constantly on Autoblog evangelizing to the anti-biofuel crowd.

I could probably ask him about and get the name of the book if anyone was interested enough. I've never got around to looking up the book myself.