dan45mcc

*** E85 Station Locations for your GPS GARMIN, TOM TOM ****

I am having trouble trying to get the poi's on my garmin based factory nav.  I downloaded the .csv file from the link at the beginning of the post.  I tried using garmin's poi loader to turn it into a .gpi file, but it just says the .csv file is invalid.  Am I missing something here, or is there a different way to do this?  I am following instructions from mofv.com/mhgig/ for my factory garmin based nav unit.

Can you load the csv file in a spreadsheet like Excel?

If it doesn't load, it's corrupt or an incomplete download.

It looks like it loads into exel fine.  The garmin poi loader says its invalid

Is the last entry complete?

Try a different state?

Try saving from Excel as a comma delimited file and use that. (It might fix it.)

I've seen corrupt csv files from states with an apostrophe, comma or quote in the station name or address, but I assume Dan fixed that when he first tested it.

Try a different state?

Try saving from Excel as a comma delimited file and use that. (It might fix it.)

I tried different states (ones like NJ and WY with few entries), and I got the same thing.  I saved it when it pulled it up from exel, and it asked if I wanted to save it without the incompatible stuff.  I said yes, and then it seemed to work ok without the invalid issue.  Now I'll load it to my nav and see if it works

Try a different state?

I tried different states (ones like NJ and WY with few entries), and I got the same thing.  I saved it when it pulled it up from exel, and it asked if I wanted to save it without the incompatible stuff.  I said yes, and then it seemed to work ok without the invalid issue.  Now I'll load it to my nav and see if it works

Good ..yeah I suspect it was the duplicate headers issue I sent you a pm about..still sorting it out.

Drive Safe