dan45mcc

*** E85 Station Locations for your GPS GARMIN, TOM TOM ****

E85 Station Locations for GPS Devices Now Available from E85Prices.com

http://www.e85prices.com/export_form.php

Enjoy Guys.. 

The Files are continually updated with new stations so if you know your State has had new E85 Stations recently you cna always get the Updated version anytime..no need to wait !

You can select ALL E85 Stations in the Country are just the States you need.  For your GPS device to run as Fst as possible best option is to select Only the States you need

Nice start Dan. I checked MN and ND in Excel and no missing lat/long.

Are any stations missing due to goofy data?

The Locations are GeoCoded based on the address in the Database..

Now all of E85Prices use to use that same process as well BUT we changed in a couple  years ago because Geocoding is not perfect.. For example 

234 Main Street N..may not get Geocoded correctly unless for example the address is 234 North Main Street.

Because of that I stopped using geocoding based on "just" Address for e85Prices.com..instead I add each Lat and Long MANUALLY so I know the location is correct ..

Now with the GPS Device files I will not be able to manually change Lat/Longitudes..

BUT if there is a Station out of Place I can then change the address form to a format that the geocoder likes.. ie 234 Main Street N to 234 North Main Street.

So back to my question, you're not excluding anything from these csv files (like missing lat/long)?

The original files you showed me had missing lat/long, these do not.

So back to my question, you're not excluding anything from these csv files (like missing lat/long)?

The original files you showed me had missing lat/long, these do not.

That's correct..nothing missing.. because it isnt pulling lats/longs from the DB.it's pulling the address and then geocoding ..converting the address to lats/longs

BTW ..for e85Prices.com The the FIELD that you seen the Missing lats/longs isn't even used .. the correct Lats/longs are in a entirely different Table in the database..I do not geocode for E85prices.com ..geocode just for the GPS Files

makes sense ?

Got it. Thanks for the clarification.

Hey Rick and just as I say that I downloaded the entire USA and discovered an issue. It wont download past any row that doesnt have a physical address.. For example some of the Private Facilities I don't include address so people don't drive to them.. So I either need to put the address in the DB or delete those entries form the database..

I was able to put "fake" address AND Lat/Longs  http://garmin.gps-data-team.com/extra/poiedit.php  and still download All Stations ..anyone can do that until i fix those addresses in the database sometime today..

So just a heads up on that

Gave the latest file - e85prices1104300938.csv a shot.  When putting it on my garmin, it choked on line 1077.  Looks like the description/name of that station is too long.  I manually shortened it, retried, and all 2700+ entries went in fine.

This is going to be great for those extended road trips!  Thanks for all the hard work!

Gave the latest file - e85prices1104300938.csv a shot.  When putting it on my garmin, it choked on line 1077.  Looks like the description/name of that station is too long.  I manually shortened it, retried, and all 2700+ entries went in fine.

This is going to be great for those extended road trips!  Thanks for all the hard work!

Thanks Corey  .. I think this was the best way to offer the files ...allows everyone grab a new file whenever they need to instead of waiting for manual "updated" files.

Probably should add a tutorial for "fixing" minor issues when the upload "chokes" at certain rows like you had..  For me out of 8 downloads on the big file choked 3 times..  no address on 1,  "." when it wanted a ","  and had 2 latitudes instead of a lat/long on another.

For Alerts I have mine set at 2000 ft..  ..Think I'll make multiple copies on microSD cards.. one for City and one For Highway.  City I can leave it at 400ft or so and hwy 5,000 ft.