Sign in to follow this  
Midnite

Why did you switch to ethanol

I switched when I just by chance bought a 2010 flex grand caravan. I tried some E85 and I noticed a big improvement in power. I have just converted my 2009 dadge charger R/T. I used a converter box from Jonny Energy. It running great on e85 and much to my surprise it is still getting 23 mpg. That is the same as gasoline. I like the fact that my fuel money is going to American farmers instead of other countrys. I used to believe all of the lies about ethanol. Once I tried ethanol it was clear that it is a much better fuel then gasoline.

I love reading stories like yours,  I am also glad you see what we have seen in the past years.          This will make my 6th yr in August  of  a mixd ethanol blend and I love it.

I switched when I just by chance bought a 2010 flex grand caravan. I tried some E85 and I noticed a big improvement in power. I have just converted my 2009 dadge charger R/T. I used a converter box from Jonny Energy. It running great on e85 and much to my surprise it is still getting 23 mpg. That is the same as gasoline. I like the fact that my fuel money is going to American farmers instead of other countrys. I used to believe all of the lies about ethanol. Once I tried ethanol it was clear that it is a much better fuel then gasoline.

Glad you are enjoying your kit.  Great to see the awesome mileage.  :)

I was really very surprised at the fuel mileage with the charger. I had run it on e85 before the converter box. I lost about 4-5 mpg with the car stock. I was only getting 15-17mpg. It also ran awfull. So I really was expecting the mileage to be the same. So when I saw 22-23 mpg on a full tank of e85 I really couldn't believe my eyes. The performance is at least the same as on gasoline if not better. After the tank I currently have I'm going to install my 93 octane predator tune with the MDS disabled to see how that effects things.  So a big thanks to Jonny for a great product. It was weel worth the money.

I bought my 2007 NISSAN Texas Titan in March of 2007 and started using E85 at once.  FLEX FUEL is one reason I purchased the vehicle.  I am absolutely thrilled with the thought of NOT sending my money to OPEC each and everytime i fuel my truck.  I actively engage in conversation about our Countries need to walk away from importing oil and almost had an attack the other day when Batelle announced it had discovered how to turn ANY CELLULOSE (corn stalk, wood, paper etc) into fuel and would have it into mass production in about 3 years.  Technology has existed - but the willingness of the people to support it has not - THIS IS WHY I BURN E85 - it is the right thing to do.  Besides, since having used E85 for about 90% of my fuelings and having logged 135000 miles and counting on my truck I can say it runs like a top, the engine oil is still amber when changed and my tailpipe is the original color - not black soot coated. 

Horsepower.  I gained 50.  And it costs less to use in my application.

^---What he said.  Love the E.  Works nearly as well as an intercooler.  Price spread around here vs the premium fuel.normally demand for my application is about $.70 so net cost is minimal.  The clean burn is also very welcome.  I do not miss cleaning exhaust every 5-7days. 

Why did I switch?

My Grand Marquis has always pinged on almost any gas, unless you run premium with an octane boost, even though the good old OBD II says everything is ship shape. Figured I'd give the E85 a try. Let me tell you, a whole summer of no pinging is music to my ears. Additionally ever see the deposits in a gasoline engine left by it burning? Ever burn alcohol and see what deposits it leaves? I can almost guarantee those depostits will wear out your engine faster than the solvent properties of the alcohol.

Do you want to take the Ethanol challange? Take 1oz pure ethanol (or as pure as you can buy, hint it is called Everclear) mix it with one oz water and drink it. It'll burn, you'll survive. Would you take 1oz pure gas and do the same? Don't think so. ;)