Sign in to follow this  
dan45mcc

Best Wideband Air/Fuel under $200

I just clicked my way to a new purchase.  I am interested to compare it to my three scanguage units.    Can report back later on this experience when the unit arrives.

Billy I ordered one as well.. just looks like a great bargain compare dot most of the units I have looked at anyways

Thanks TD...when the latest and greatest show sup maybe well get one for the HHR as well

I use the UltraGauge on most all of the vehicles we own/operate, it is a cool unit.

The price is a killer, I mean, for $60? And the display is easy to read, you have 3 screens which you can configure individually (thus a gauge can only appear once on 1 screen).

The gauges available are different depending on the vehicle, Dodge/GM show more engine specific ones, Ford not so much.

Greetings!

Not meaning to get offtrack here, just a few things I discovered (and thought were not made clear before I got my first one):

- OBDII connector cable is fixed on gauge, can not be removed, faces out to the left

- 3 buttons are on rear of unit

- comes with about 4" long flexible arm, you can attach suction cup to left bottom corner of windshield and adjust it among dash board so unit is close to dashboard above instrument cluster.

- running on E85 only and using the MAF sensor for MPG (which is supposedly the most accurate readout there is), I have to adjust the actual usage of fuel every time I fill up, it is always off.

Regardless, the price and what it does, fine for me.

Greetings!

I just clicked my way to a new purchase.  I am interested to compare it to my three scanguage units.    Can report back later on this experience when the unit arrives.

Billy you received your yet? 

This is certainly above the $200 mark but if you are still looking for a solid afr product w obd ability as well look at the aeroforce Interceptor scan gauge w add on wideband sensor.  It will read out anything on obdII bus, read and clear dtc, has programmable warning/notification lights, simple hookup via obdII connection and on some vehicles a switched power source.  It can monitor multiple parameters at once as well as having limited data record ability.  It's a simple 2 1/16 diameter gauge which choice.of display color upon order. 

I have one in my car without the wideband which is to come soon and couldn't think of anything that could work better other than my scanner/Tuner/laptop combo.  You're probably talking about $400 but a wideband alone is 200 for a reputable brand.  Innovate motorsports has a new model available w controller built into the gauge itself rather than having components in engine bay.

http://www.aeroforcetech.com/products_interceptor.html

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products/MTXL.php