Sign in to follow this  
bszyski

2010 Ram 1500 Hemi MDS E-85 Conversion

No, but will add 455 had a post where the subject came up. The open chamber good for flame spread and resulting speed. Good for power and would guess mpg? That engine might be a good choice. Others will chime in if spotting. Good to have a post on top within view.

I have 3 customers who upgraded their MDS Hemi with the FFI system and are happy with the results.  MPG doesn't suffer much and there is no loss of power.  Granted they are on 08s and 09s but the result should be the same. 

if you have done the conversion... no problem with strait e85.

I have had to put 1/2-1 gallon of regular (e10) gas in mine when the temps are down well below freezing... just helps it start better.  I may look at getting a block heater to help so I don't have to buy ANY gas!

Also can they run straight E85 after the kit is installed or do they have to work their way up to it?

We suggest having less than a quarter tank of gas when installing.  Right after installation proceed to fill with E85 at least twice to get the fuel as close to E85 as possible.  No 50/50 mix needed to start