Sign in to follow this  
MikeBiondo

Missouri Farm Association (MFA) Oil website

Hello folks,

I'm new here, and recently purchased a new Ford FFV Pickup - hence my new interest in E85!  :)

In searching for stations I came just across the MFA Oil website:

http://www.mfaoil.com/index.cfm?show=47&mid=54

If you click on the left-hand column, next to the station you are interested in, it brings up the stats for that station, and the types of fuels it carries.  From just quick look, I noticed that there is at least a couple stations not on the Missouri E85 stations list...which is good since one of them is not too far from me!!!  ;D

Mike-

Thanks Mike..I'll double check MFA's list and update our database accordingly.

MFA /Breaktime Stations has been offering E85 quite a few years now ..they use to have an agreement with "Mid Missouri Ethanol " a local Ethanol plant to offer E85 at least 20% less than Gasoline...was really great for a couple years.. not sure what happened with their agreement but they don't offer the great price spreads they use to.  I see Corey posted MFA for Columbia MO at 9% http://e85prices.com/missouri.html

I believe...speculating ...that the agreement went to the wayside during the big price jump of corn in 2008 that made it difficult for ethanol producers to be profitable

Welcome aboard

We havent made it down to Ozarks in a couple years.. think we'll do the Branson stop this year ( a little Fishing ..couple of shows) ..folks raised in that area..been traveling that way since the 1960's ..

welcome aboard!

Always great to have new members join the discussion.  We have such a great diverse group here... really makes it quite interesting.

I've been using nothing but e85 since I purchased my FFV over a year ago.  This is nowhere near the length of time as most users, but better late then never.  Keep spreading the word.  We need to get more people to break their oil addiction... the sooner the better.

Dan,

by my count... they have 51 stations selling e85.  46 in Missouri, 4 in Arkansas, and 1 in Iowa.

Pretty good little network of stations.  If they have decent prices... that would be a lot of e85 sales!

Dan,

by my count... they have 51 stations selling e85.  46 in Missouri, 4 in Arkansas, and 1 in Iowa.

Pretty good little network of stations.  If they have decent prices... that would be a lot of e85 sales!

But they have not expanded much last coupe years (understandable with the recession)..here is a link to their Stations list in 2006 as well as the 205 price spread agreement http://www.mfaoil.com/images/E0138901/Sep06TBL.pdf

Thanks for the welcome guys!

I've been using nothing but e85 since I purchased my FFV over a year ago.  This is nowhere near the length of time as most users, but better late then never.  Keep spreading the word.  We need to get more people to break their oil addiction... the sooner the better.

I was really surprised when I went shopping for trucks.  All of the new Ford trucks, expect for their biggest V8, are FFV now.  I didn't check their new passenger vehicles but I would imagine they are all FFV now also.  That kinda surprised me.  I didn't ask the dealer about it, but thought maybe Ford is getting some kind of government break in manufacturing mostly FFV's.  Whatever the reason...I liked it!

Mike-

Thanks Mike..I'll double check MFA's list and update our database accordingly.

Thanks Dan!  That is definitely one handy list.  Much appreciate you keeping it up to date!

We havent made it down to Ozarks in a couple years.. think we'll do the Branson stop this year ( a little Fishing ..couple of shows) ..folks raised in that area..been traveling that way since the 1960's ..

Definitely some good fishing down that way!!!    :)

Mike-

Welcome to the board Mike. Ford does not make all FFV's but we would sure love for them to ;)

Somehow the car makers need to strengthen the message the sales force have, if they want to sell more of them- a little education would help. Only this AM I met a man filling his Cruze (that other brand ;D) up with E10. I asked him about the car and after a bit I said "GM had planned to make these as FFV"- his comment was then- "but the dealer said it would use more fuel". Sigh ::) Point should have been "he would have more choice for the life of the car"- "and often it is the lowest cost per mile" - and it supports jobs and tax base in the US.

Heck- saleman should just steer EVERYONE to diesel if MPG is the only factor ::)

I didn't check their new passenger vehicles but I would imagine they are all FFV now also.  That kinda surprised me.  I didn't ask the dealer about it, but thought maybe Ford is getting some kind of government break in manufacturing mostly FFV's.  Whatever the reason...I liked it!

Mike-

well, cars is not so much the case as trucks... basically they get to count the trucks (if FFV) as being much cleaner emissions then they would be otherwise, since they are FFV... (CAFE standards I think they call it)... so they have an incentive to make large (dirty emissions) trucks FFV, less incentives for smaller (less emissions) sedans.

They have a FFV Fusion, but not in the focus (yet) ::)

The more the better.  Trust me, you will love e85 in your FFV.  Performance is great, smell is much better.  Plus, you will feal good after fueling up (supporting american workers, and american farmers, and keeping money local) rather then feeling like you were "molested at the pump" (supporting OPEC, terrorism, and the further decline of the US$).

Hello folks,

I'm new here, and recently purchased a new Ford FFV Pickup - hence my new interest in E85!  :)

In searching for stations I came just across the MFA Oil website:

http://www.mfaoil.com/index.cfm?show=47&mid=54

If you click on the left-hand column, next to the station you are interested in, it brings up the stats for that station, and the types of fuels it carries.  From just quick look, I noticed that there is at least a couple stations not on the Missouri E85 stations list...which is good since one of them is not too far from me!!!  ;D

Mike-

Mike thanks this is where I get mine in Neveda, Mo and have for 5 yrs thanks for this info.