Sign in to follow this  
kawtoy_77

New Champaign, Illinois Station!

REG GAS: 3.479/Gal

E85: 2.799/Gal

As of 3/10/11 at this station. There goes the 25% spread. Now I think its only a 21% spread.

As ugly as much of the state has seen the last 6 months... 21% is still pretty good.  A bit tough to stomach considering the billions of bushels of corn grown here...

REG GAS: 3.479/Gal

E85: 2.799/Gal

As of 3/10/11 at this station. There goes the 25% spread. Now I think its only a 21% spread.

As ugly as much of the state has seen the last 6 months... 21% is still pretty good.  A bit tough to stomach considering the billions of bushels of corn grown here...

21% Winter Price spread..excellent !

Corn and Ethanol falling faster than oil/gasoline the past few days ..hopefully that trend continues and we can see that  translate to better spreads for other parts of the Country in the coming weeks as well

I filled up @ this station, which I love. I love their fuels, location, and prices. Yesterday, I was disappointed. It took me 38 minutes to pump 30 gallons of E85. I did make a complaint with the manager. So, we will see what happens. It is still cheaper for me to run E85 over Gasoline right now.

I filled up @ this station, which I love. I love their fuels, location, and prices. Yesterday, I was disappointed. It took me 38 minutes to pump 30 gallons of E85. I did make a complaint with the manager. So, we will see what happens. It is still cheaper for me to run E85 over Gasoline right now.

38 minutes !  :laugh:  I think I would have been complaining at the 2 minute mark  ;D

Love the determination though..You didn't care how long it was going to take your filling your truck with E85

Good you talked to the mgr- like Dan, I would have been far less patient. Most likely they have the 1 or 2 micron filters on this pump and have not personally tested flow because they do not own an FFV themselves. These 1-2 micron filters only last about 2-3 months with good sales (their new tanks likely had some construction grit or other material that made it even less. Just so you know- most retail GAS pumps are only filtered to 20-30 micron and in a few cases- 10 micron. They do this in part because a 1 micron would not even last a load in many cases. I tried this myself once when I ran low on filters- gas it just too dirty- I got one load out of them. The station mgr likely just never thought about this himself.

This particular manager claims to have only been there for 3 days. I did mention that the Thorntons station across town sells it at the same price, with MUCH less waiting. I said "This can be fixed, or I can take my weekly $100 purchase elsewhere, and make a complaint at the corporate level" To which he stated it would be looked into.

Of course I told the Manager, you know the old saying: The squeaky wheel gets the grease....(I figured no one had squeaked yet, and I was right) Others just drove off angrily