Sign in to follow this  
dan45mcc

Buick Regal E85 FFV lease 189

just a heads up for anyone interested  in the 2011 Buick Regal..Turbo 2

seen  lease deal at $189 a month...3000 down..30 months.

Not a big lease person but that got my  attention ..$30,000 car for $189

That's the model that is suppose to get almost same mpg on e85 as on gas

$189/mo, 30mos, +3000down = $289/mo

+ 5% of 30k=$1500 = $50/mo = $339/mo

add about another $25/mo for registration (at least in the great state of Iowa)

Don't think I've ever seen GM offer a 30mo term.  interesting.

Did you see this lease offer on the turbo regal?

very interested

$189/mo, 30mos, +3000down = $289/mo

+ 5% of 30k=$1500 = $50/mo = $339/mo

add about another $25/mo for registration (at least in the great state of Iowa)

Don't think I've ever seen GM offer a 30mo term.  interesting.

Did you see this lease offer on the turbo regal?

very interested

Redfly is was actually on the Tube ..a commercial went by .. Quick Search and I see similar $189..but for 39 months (The one I seen probably was also 39 Months..just got a quick glimpse as it flashed by on the TV.. )here http://www.verabuickgmc.com/AdWizardAd/4061493

•Improve E85 fuel economy through increased compression ratio and variable valve actuation.

High compression ratio enabled by high octane number of ethanol fuels.

Atkinson cycle enables high efficiency –Early Intake Valve Closing (EIVC)–

Variable Valve Actuation (VVA) provides unthrottled load control over 80-90% of FTP

•Avoid knock with gasoline by lowering effective compression ratio using variable valve timing.

Enabled by Dual Independent Cam Phasing (DICP) and 2-Step Valve Train

•Achieve high power density using turbo charging.

•Enable low emissions with stratified cold start for fast converter light-off.

Stoichiometric 3-Way catalyst provides cost effective after-treatment

sound pretty much like what we have all been dreaming about here for years!

Any chance they would produce the motors for sale separate from the whole car?  Would be a nice "drop in replacement" engine! ;)

The 'middle link' is certainly an interesting read.  Looks like they've settled on a 2.0L engine, turbocharged, variable cam timing,compression ratio around 12:1, high an low lift cam profiles, etc.  Hummm...I wonder where and how many millions they get paid to come up with this stuff??

Speculation-

1. Either to much inventory with this model (doubt) or

2. Finance is betting on excellent resale value

If the latter is correct, why? Hmmmmm

or, they could do a typical GM thing, and under price a good product, sell a lot of them, and end up loosing money! ::)

Another link to the engine details:

http://www.ethanolproducer.com/articles/7532/buick-regal-introduces-direct-inject-turbo-ffv-in-us

Per GM's Coleman Jones:  “I think you’ll see more of these, particularly in the smaller displacement engines,” Jones told EPM. “It’s easier to take advantage of it with a small engine.”  (my comment- yes- the smaller engine will be on boost more often if the car weighs enough, plus- it is likely cheaper to build and tune on 1 bank of 4 cyl than 2 banks of 3-4 cyl- especially with the extra VVT on another bank)

And per GM's Mike Anderson: "This engine, however, has twin-scroll turbochargers that leave lag behind. Instead of increasing air flow by increasing the size of the turbine, and therefore increasing inertia, the engine has two smaller turbines to let the engine generate power and torque even at low engine speeds. "The 2.0-liter Ecotec turbo produces 258 pound-feet of torque from 2,000 to 5,500 rpm making it feel like a much-larger V6 engine while still delivering four-cylinder efficiency," said Ecotec chief engineer Mike Anderson."  (my comment- not to mention this makes driveline tuning for torque steer easier)

Outlaw's middle link to The Delphi and Wayne State R&D project interesting.

My notes:

Shut down ‘10 after approximately $2 million investment from each DOE and Delphi.

1. Tested and developed technology upon single cylinder engine. End of project          implementation to 2L GM L4. 

2. Double acting cam per piston valve interference vs valve opening problem

3. Hollowed piston cavity traps rich fuel for easier cold start

4. Engine restricted per max chamber pressure of 100 atmospheres

5. Ignition. Current production ignition systems improved for E85 fuel. 

6. DI efficient for quick, high pressure, atomization of fuel superior to port injection in turn magnifying ethanol fuel strengths.

7. Free energy from exhaust via turbo great for E85 fueled engine.

Interesting turbo on the Buick Regal, may be a Borg Warner? Scroll technology popular for air compressors noted for their efficiency and dependability. Should be a winner to drive a twin scroll powered by exhaust turbo. Twin scroll a positive displacement compressor, could be described as turbo powered supercharger. Easy for these compressors to pump high pressure. Air scroll compressors driven by electric motor for shop use can put out 120 psi, but they are much bigger and heavier. As compared to turbofan type air pump, less flow. Scroll compressor has no need for high rpm to produce high pressure. Does this model have twin dual scroll compressors or one dual scroll compressor. I'm confused?

Didn't Buick years back have a famous scroll super charger performance car? I visited the small Michigan shop producing parts for it. Employees said they got a factory visit with car. They explained a twin scroll pump.