Sign in to follow this  
1outlaw

Blender Pump and E15 Defunding Bill Up for Vote Today

agree with dan, the e15 is a waste... just $ to the oil industry, and easy money for the ethanol industry through a mandated market... but nixing support for blender pumps... it reeks to high heaven of oil$ interests... >:D

I do hope that the senate and WH force some compromise, as this would be a tremendous crime for our country and our future... 

The fact that I'M putting my hopes in the Democratic held Senate, or THAT president... is scary for me. :-[

The fact that I'M putting my hopes in the Democratic held Senate, or THAT president... is scary for me. :-[

Welcome to the dark side ;) 'cause the republicans are scaring the shit out of me. (Yup, that's going to get censored.)  ;D

Problem is government gives and takeith away. Very dangerous to place ones economic future upon whimsical politicians who currently have their hands full. We do understand spending is 41% over revenue, right? Debt is skyrocketing to WWII debt load with no bright growth within known future. Past entitlement growth, new ones, and debt load unsustainable, in spite of rosy projections. The reality of future economic recovery not good without an immediate about face in national spending. Most bet this will not happen. The nations ostridge politics of “be happy” will prevail, no problem it’s just a political tactic. 

how about we end ALL subsidized energy! Including oil! :o

I'd think that a 100% tariff on oil imports would just about be enough to fund the entire defense department, as well as help take care of the veterans (and their families) that have given, and continue to give so much (voluntarily) to assure that we maintain access to our energy drug of choice... oil.

Might encourage the pursuit of alternative domestic energy! ;)

Ethanol strategy appears to have already left the barn. Ethanol orgs discussing the reality of economy and VEETC and need to adapt. Building bridges within the bio-fuels sector for support.

Posts from industry on three dozen or so algae R&D firms soon to dwindle to one dozen. The survivors have a strategy to develop into pilot production utilizing better return per diversity of product. They avoid putting high cost of their product within direct competition of petrol. Aviation fuel high cost and low production a good target. Food and medical supply market extremely profitable. Drop in fuel supply solves some of their problems.

James- Tea Party is usually awarded credit for the reason our politics in gear to face reality of national debt. Funny how they call themselves Tea Party, yet they are not a political party. The bagger tag refers to homosexual act. Other usage of the term a slur reflecting against this minority as in indecent deviant. Most have dropped the usage. Just thought you would like to know? Also, the point of seriousness of debt. Were talking of across the board 41% cutting of every dollar spent. They frame it that way currently as tax collections upon recession per shaky recovery not possible. Also, recovery will be slow unlike post WWII economy. More like the Japanese lost decade economy. Unless someone comes up with marvelous cost effective substitute for petrol?

Problem of taxing energy....it's a foundation of economy. Meaning our competitiveness starts on a foundation. If the foundation is higher than all other competing countries, well, we have to take less wage, gov't tax, less regs, and put up with high unemployment to compete. Good example when G.Bush protected U.S. steel with import duty. Problem was, steel was found to be another foundation of economy. Bush quickly did an about face as discovery of for every union job protected the overall cost to employment was loss of 10. 

Ethanol producers would benefit upon consolidation of efforts. Especially, the independent go it alone folks. Necessity is the mother of invention. Don't wait it out. Better to inflict change yourselves before the collector knocks on door. Keep as many options available as possible. Would hate if we lost any more of these companies only to be snagged by deep pocket corporations. Change is natural upon markets and will result in going south or north. Don't rely on big brother as family relations not that dependable.

May the corn oil and food production channel help? Petrol is set to explode in cost per Middle East turmoil. That may help short term? Utilizing waste water for algae production is set to improve economics. DDG market appears to be undervalued? Meaning this commodity should spike in value more so than corn. Where is the weakest link here, holding price down? May the Ag department focus on getting these international markets in high gear be a low cost venture for them? With max benefits to farmers?

It will be interesting to see what "inovations" come out of this financial crisis we have backed ourselves into...  I hope it doesn't involve higher debt, higher inflation and increased regulation... as that was what put us into this... ???