Sign in to follow this  
1outlaw

Blender Pump and E15 Defunding Bill Up for Vote Today

http://viewpage.benchmarkemail.com/c/v?e=ACBC4&c=F90B&email=jKglnFopBbBp39Al1G6m4Uy0s2IRx9yRNyIeD9VsXLU%3D&relid=C6EC164

Vote Expected Today on Amendments

to Block E15, Halt Blender Pump Programs

*If you have already contacted your Representative, thank you! If not, please take a minute to do so now.

Click here to contact your Representative now.

Dear Ethanol Supporter:

Two members of the U.S. House of Representatives have offered amendments to the Continuing Resolution bill to fund government that would obstruct your right to choose your own fuel - and we need your help to stop them.

The amendment offered by Congressman Flake of Arizona would block USDA funds for programs that provide assistance with the construction and installation of blender pumps.

The amendment offered by Congressman Sullivan of Oklahoma would prevent EPA from using funds to implement their recent decision to allow E15 in 2001 and newer vehicles.

Contact your Member of Congress today and urge them to oppose these amendments. Big Oil supporters want to block your right to support homegrown, American-made ethanol – it’s your fuel, your choice.

Click here to contact your Representative now.

Sincerely,

Brian Jennings

Executive Vice President

Yesterday, a discussion, the curse of gov't money on news from Silicone Valley company. This CEO of the the most successful company made an excellent argument that government funds screw up things more and long term hurt developing industry.  That long term sustainability better on go it alone venture. This ethanol alternative fuel development is one such study of value of artificial stimulants. Many arguments on both sides. I'm gradually moving to the side of "be careful" as easy money is pollution to the industry.

Thanks for finding that James- It appears my local rep (Petri) along with Ribble and Sensenbrenner all voted against E15. While Sensenbrenner is a total idiot long termer who needs to be thrown out. Ribble is new and Petri is usually pretty good. Looks like I need to email them again to educate them that what they really did was kill cellulosic and waste to ethanol in their districts :( (since corn ethanol is fully developed out already and is cheapest to use in E10)

They are thus favoring drop in replacement fuels that are totally owned by oil companies and are even further down the road. :mad:

Very little political news that I've read after the republicans took over, has been good. Seems like they're voting out of spite, rather than using their brain. God help us.

could someone please post who voted for this bill?  I'd like to know if I need to send a "thank you" note, or a "what the F**K were you thinking" note... ::)

You missed the list Husker- the list is in the link James posted- scroll down the page and you will see each of them.

I suspect the votes may be for the overall bill budget bill-- not just the amendment that they crammed into it???? James?

thanks Outlaw!

Looks like ALL 3 house representative (all 3 GOP) from Nebraska voted NO on this.

Ayes-285

Noes-136

so did my rep vote NOT to kill the blender pump funding... :confused:

I'm confused... :-[