Sign in to follow this  
1outlaw

Just For Fun- a PassTime Run on E100

This guy is running a well tuned carb on E100. He is not quite fully honest with the 3 time estimators- he does not tell them he is running a 425 Windsor with high ports and that his normal time is 5.5. They guess the 12's ;D Laughed my butt off on this one. This should be on the show March 1.

No- flight time does not count ;D since back wheels remain on the ground. Most would not want to really go airborn since that would mean they are out of control ??? These guys actually chain or other wise limit the travel on the front end suspension so that it quickly transfers the lift weight of the front end back to the car a split second earlier in the launch. This keeps them from doing a full wheelie, standing the car up on the rear bumper or wheelie bar, and pulling weight off the rears--which would lead to a total loss of control and a crash into the dividers/crash barriers or crossing into the other lane.

It was an excellent in car view from a driver's perspective don't you think? 8) I love to watch door cars drag race- if I only had the money! (Money is the main reason these guys chose ethanol- they get equal or superior performance to 112 or higher octane for 1/2 to 1/3 the dollars they would spend on race gas- they also do not have the issues with it they would with methanol toxicity, corrosion, and poor warmup.)

It ruined my interests after learning science and physics. These teachers spoil the magic. Guns just a device to contain a bullet. Fuel becomes chemical energy, engines just a mechanical transducer, hp just a math equation. Students got excited as they got rubber with Dad's car, then the teacher talks of some slow speed ship engine developing 1,000s of hps. We wanted to see the exhaust pipe. Then the teacher talks of simple flywheel storing power, that a Briggs and Stratton engine given enough time could generate the power upon flywheel to flip the car over with hp. We still wanted to see the exhaust pipe. 

It ruined my interests after learning science and physics. These teachers spoil the magic. Guns just a device to contain a bullet. Fuel becomes chemical energy, engines just a mechanical transducer, hp just a math equation. Students got excited as they got rubber with Dad's car, then the teacher talks of some slow speed ship engine developing 1,000s of hps. We wanted to see the exhaust pipe. Then the teacher talks of simple flywheel storing power, that a Briggs and Stratton engine given enough time could generate the power upon flywheel to flip the car over with hp. We still wanted to see the exhaust pipe. 

What's wrong with me then? Love the high torque low rpm tractors, love the 4,000 hp locomotive, love the drag race cars, love the 2 stroke carts-- if it has an IC and can slip the wheels- i'm into it. Engineering school never took that away. :-\

I hear you, but the romance does fade

Remember "Top Gun" when Tom could turn a fighter jet on a dime (Hollywood). The best athletic young pilot could suffer momentarily with a blackout through 6 g's turn. A twenty mile radius high speed turn, incredible. They had to suck up air, swallow hard, and pump up the pressure to squeeze blood back from legs to head. The mighty Challenger space rocket pilots suffer 3g acceleration.  A flea amazingly routinely jumps with 10g and biologically structured with organs supported much like a fighter pilot G suit. A flea.

Our Kalamazoo air zoo has a pre turbine ICE engine producing an incredible 1200 hp. The cantankerous invention so complicated it took pilots couple hours to go through shut down procedure. This was an attempt to make start up half way predictable. Compare that to quiet jet engine much more efficient and will pump out 10,000 hp with minimal maintenance. Shazam.